How will the United States fall?

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm a smoker since I'm 15 years old. I hate it. But, unfortunately, nicotine conditions a true and very strong physical dependency, going right into seratonin receptors and subsequently the limbic system.

Marijuana is illegal, while alcohol isn't, simply because there is such a grassroots marijuana production movement that the Gov'mint wouldn't be able to realize the regulation, and profit, from it that it does with alcohol.

And as a former abuser of all sorts of recreational pharmaceuticals - LSD, pills, weed, heavy alcohol use, and meth once or twice - I can say that no good comes from any of them. However, they're like the old adage about firearms: "Guns don't kill people - I kill people." I've never robbed anyone, carjacked anyone, or jumped out of a window due to the influence of drugs. I have, however, woken up blind in a bathtub in a building with which I wasn't familiar. In other words, I'm not an ardent anti-drug proselytizer; but if you can continue to live your life without them, by all means do so.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm a smoker since I'm 15 years old. I hate it. But, unfortunately, nicotine conditions a true and very strong physical dependency, going right into seratonin receptors and subsequently the limbic system.
I understand that nicotine is a very addictive substance, and I understand that some people are simply unable/unwilling to give it up. It's why they start in the first place that I'm confused aobut.
I have, however, woken up blind in a bathtub in a building with which I wasn't familiar.
Pfft. That's nothing. Try waking up in a hotel in another county, with a trafic cone and a policeman's cap in your bed. And that was just plain old alcohol.
I bet that was one hell of a night.....
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
Pfft. That's nothing. Try waking up in a hotel in another county, with a trafic cone and a policeman's cap in your bed. And that was just plain old alcohol.
Haha, so are you Cat or Lister?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think I'm more of a Lister type. :P

'Course, that still doesn't beat a friend of mine waking up in a bush in the middle of a park, missing his clothes, with no idea of how he'd got there.

And people wonder why we Irish get such stereotypes.... :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, that is a good one. The bathtub thing was my own experience, and I didn't really mind not knowing whose bathtub I awoke in... until then, though, I had thought that drinking yourself blind was just hyperbole.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
I have, however, woken up blind in a bathtub in a building with which I wasn't familiar.
Okay, does anyone else want to know the rest of these stories?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hell, I want to know the rest of these stories! :lol:

In truth, though, this doesn't happen too often to me. I actualy don't drink that much. That previous example was just an instance of going out to a friend's stag-party, and drinking a bit too much.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I drink only occasionally anymore... but time was that I dropped at least $50 a night on a bar tab at least 5 nights a week. As a result, I honestly know less about my drinking stories than anyone else.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

DITL is your drug of choice now, eh, Mikey? :P
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

The only person I'm worried about needing a DITL intervention is Rochey. :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:

DITL is your drug of choice now, eh, Mikey? :P
I guess an addictive personality never goes away, hmm? :D
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The only person I'm worried about needing a DITL intervention is Rochey. :wink:
There are some addictions that just can't be overcome.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to give in and suffer here. :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I guess it's finally time to resign yourself to that fact... after 4,827 posts... :wink:
as Bull offed Custer
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I hate to have to do this but, this kinda relates to the topic :shock:
I'm a bit behind with the news but it seems the Lakota are trying to exceed from the US nation and take big chunks of Dakota and surrounding land with them. Washington hasn't kept its side of the treaties so they've decided enough is enough and are planning to mount legal challenges to the land that was originally given to them in treaties in 1850.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I hadn't seen that - good spot, Colmquinn. Can you link to the source?
as Bull offed Custer