Swinging nacelles?

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Swinging nacelles?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You notice every time you raise an old thread we ignore your point and just atart talking trash?
Don't you realise what happened? By resurrecting the TR-116 thread, he unleashed the massive off-topic energies that had been building up there. With nowhere else to go, the energy went into his account. Now every time he posts there's a small bit of pure TR-116 in his posts, causing us all to go wildly off topic.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Oh sh*t...

Is there anywhay we can stop it?

I can get my hands on some plutonium if you think it will help.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Even nuclear weapons are no match for the power of TR-116. There is only one weapon in existance that can stop him now.
Bring forth.....the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

:lol:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:confused:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

stitch626 wrote::confused:
You've never seen Holy Grail?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oh, now I get it. :bangwall:
Took me a while to remember, I only saw it once, and that was back in 11th grade.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I myself feel that this is a job for the Emperor to solve. By His light we can destroy this infection by reminding everyone of how much they hate my kicks about the God-Emperor and then allow someone to drag us back to topic. Its so stupid it might even work!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Twas my intention from the beginning. By raising the dead threads, we may now focus our insanity here, and actually discuss the topics at hand on our "newer" subjects. :Nerd:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, I doubt it'll work. We'll see.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:If one nacelle took damage at the joint where the "servomotor" would be, locking one down, would Voyager still be able to go to warp, or would this unbalance the warp field?
Just out of curiousity before we fly off topic again, what do you guys think would happen?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I imagine it would work, but less effeciently. I haven't seen anything to suggest there's a specific position the nacelles have to be in.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I think Basics even showed the ship at warp with the nacelles in the "impulse" position. The biggest problem would probably be if they tried to go to warp normally, without realising that the pylon was damaged. I can't imagine that flying with one nacelle up and one down could be healthy.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:I think Basics even showed the ship at warp with the nacelles in the "impulse" position. The biggest problem would probably be if they tried to go to warp normally, without realising that the pylon was damaged. I can't imagine that flying with one nacelle up and one down could be healthy.

I see it as trying to drive a convertable with the top half down for some reason. I don't know why that analogy works with me though.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps there's some sort of system to prevent one nacelle rising if the other doesn't?