Species of the week: Voth

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote: Here are still shots from DITL of the moments of impact. All the explosions seem to center on the torpedo hits. The one that hits center seems to detonate a bit inside the cube blasting out of two of the sides. This ties in with the transphasic name which may mean they penitrate and explode inside causing massive damage by by-passing the armour. That would work on anyone.
The "raw firepower" argument simply doesn't stand up to the evidence. While the second impact certainly appears to cause a very large fireball directly the first doesn't - if the two explosions had been anything like thesame size the entire top-right corner of that face of the cube would have been shredded. It wasn't, which suggests further that the weapons work by causing secondary explosions within the cube.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Exactly what I was thinking. Why wasn't the upper right corner of the cube obliterated? Then that second explosion on the opposite side of the cube a half-second later...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

The chances point to the transphasics being a huge explosion. The blast, by eye, looks to originate from the torpedoes in one continious motion. That's not to say that it could be specifically anti-borg, but more evidence points to it being a large bang. As those 3 explosions are all coming from the torpedo.

I just remembered - there's another 3 fired at the transwarp gate thing. Those definitely have all one motion - the explosion comes directly from the torpedo and the blast is huge. The diameter of the blast from each torpedo is virtually the same size as the diameter of the gate itself - this gate is bigger than a borg cube itself. I think we're pretty certain that with a blast like that, it is just a huge, massive explosion.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Then why doesn't the upper-right hit on the first cube produce this enormous explosion?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Captain Seafort wrote:Then why doesn't the upper-right hit on the first cube produce this enormous explosion?
I'm not sure - but the fact that 5/6 torpedos produced an explosion with a radius of ~2km suggests that simply - it was a bit duff.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To bad starfleet didn't load these on the rest of the fleet!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You think they'd actualy use transphasics on their ships? They already have a perfect planet-killer weapon, yet they never used it even in their most dire need. Morons, the lot of them.
[/rant]
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Let my character from your story pop into the STU and he would whip them into shape. Or kill them all trying! :twisted:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Let anyone with more than three brain cells pop into Star Trek, and he'd have control of the galaxy within a decade...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Then I will let loose the Imperium of Man. Thou shall bow down before the God-Emperor and remember too all that "The Emperor Protects!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush, remember one thing - you have to be (mostly) dead to be the Emperor...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That or just be willing to kill your son for betraying you. Either way I'm fine with it! Besides, I still don't believe its him in the golden thorne to begin with.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Also remember, the Emperor never wanted to be worshipped.

And then, who is in the Golden Throne? Jimmy Hoffa?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The local GWS staff and fans have been working on a theory that the Golden Throne contains Sanguinius The Angel since for some reason the Emperors seed seems to still be spreading about the Imperium.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Deepcrush, is it just me or have you also noticed that whenever you and I start talking about a competant Federation, it somehow ends up with us chatting about the Imperium Of Man? :lol: