Post by Deepcrush »

PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME! :wave:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stargate Andromeda game comments

Post by Mark »

I know it would be sterotypical already, but it may serve us in the future to have her undermine the Col with the XO. That could lead to something down the road.....
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yup, me killing her.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

If she's found with buckshot in the back, wasn't me. :whistle:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

If she has the force of will to piss of a senior Marine. My guy may end up killing (no joke). Still, I'd love to see my character and her for their first meeting.

Wonder if she's to ill informed to know better then to piss on a Force Recon?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Probably. The whole idea of this character is that she has never had to bow to any authority, ever. Which is why she goes in guns a blazing.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You do understand that if she does that to my character, its going to go badly. She's a thinker, my guy just kills, alot...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Understood, and intended.

Every prize stallion has to be broken first. Im kinda hoping this happens to her. Although. slightly less stallion.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, if you want broken rather then dead. I'm fine with that and I'll see to it personally.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mark does my character get the okay?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm confused about a couple of things. First, Airborn and Air Assault PLUS Airborne Ranger seems redundant. Second, this is an op run by the USAF, supported by the USMC. I inserted a formar SEAL who later became a CIA secret agent, with some back story. Some backstory how a US Army Ranger got assigned to the Airforce run SG program would be cool. Not saying you can't just that a resonable backstory would be nice.

And finally, what "role" do you have in mind? We've got our "leader", some "fighters", our "scientist", and our "rogue".

Actually, I'd appriciate it if everybody could please clarify your actual team position and job a bit more, now that I think about it.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"Blow shit up", is that a role?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mark wrote:I'm confused about a couple of things. First, Airborn and Air Assault PLUS Airborne Ranger seems redundant. Second, this is an op run by the USAF, supported by the USMC. I inserted a formar SEAL who later became a CIA secret agent, with some back story. Some backstory how a US Army Ranger got assigned to the Airforce run SG program would be cool. Not saying you can't just that a resonable backstory would be nice.

And finally, what "role" do you have in mind? We've got our "leader", some "fighters", our "scientist", and our "rogue".

Actually, I'd appriciate it if everybody could please clarify your actual team position and job a bit more, now that I think about it.
Actually most Army Rangers have Air Assault or Airborne qualifications and a few have both. I listed them thinking as medals on his BDUs not as belonging to groups. Like he has the little Air Assault symbol next to the elite infantry symbol. All three are relatively common place and I've met people with all of them. Its a qualification not a separate group. If he was 82 or 101 then it would be a separate group.

As far as being army, I picked it cause that's what I'm familiar with. There's nothing in SG that says Army cannot be in the SGC and I think I've shown a good familiarity with the show. The missions that SG takes on makes more sense for there to be army there and not air force. In the show they refer to many as Private and while there are Marines in the program a normal Marine lacks the training that a Ranger has or special force personnel has. So there's nothing that says that army shouldn't be involved. Delta, our nation's strongest special forces team, draws heavily from Green Berets (Army) and SEALS (Navy). Saying that either branch should not be involved doesn't make much sense.

As a Second Lieutenant he wouldn't be the leader. Just the other gunner position in the standard team of 4. Usually there's one expert on ancient texts and what not, one scientist, and two military (wo)men one of which happens to be the leader. On SGC Teal'c fills the role. In our RP with a larger team than four he wouldn't be the leader but I suppose above that of the NCOs-- though since I'm going to make his leadership skills actually a little sub par that might be a bad idea :P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well I figure that Howell being a Lance Corporal for 16 years means that he's done a little bit of everything. His specialty might be demo but if you need something built ad hoc or something fixed, he might be the guy to go too, as well as blowing up or clearing things.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Monroe wrote:
Mark wrote:I'm confused about a couple of things. First, Airborn and Air Assault PLUS Airborne Ranger seems redundant. Second, this is an op run by the USAF, supported by the USMC. I inserted a formar SEAL who later became a CIA secret agent, with some back story. Some backstory how a US Army Ranger got assigned to the Airforce run SG program would be cool. Not saying you can't just that a resonable backstory would be nice.

Actually most Army Rangers have Air Assault or Airborne qualifications and a few have both. I listed them thinking as medals on his BDUs not as belonging to groups. Like he has the little Air Assault symbol next to the elite infantry symbol. All three are relatively common place and I've met people with all of them. Its a qualification not a separate group. If he was 82 or 101 then it would be a separate group.

As far as being army, I picked it cause that's what I'm familiar with. There's nothing in SG that says Army cannot be in the SGC and I think I've shown a good familiarity with the show. The missions that SG takes on makes more sense for there to be army there and not air force. In the show they refer to many as Private and while there are Marines in the program a normal Marine lacks the training that a Ranger has or special force personnel has. So there's nothing that says that army shouldn't be involved. Delta, our nation's strongest special forces team, draws heavily from Green Berets (Army) and SEALS (Navy). Saying that either branch should not be involved doesn't make much sense.

As a Second Lieutenant he wouldn't be the leader. Just the other gunner position in the standard team of 4. Usually there's one expert on ancient texts and what not, one scientist, and two military (wo)men one of which happens to be the leader. On SGC Teal'c fills the role. In our RP with a larger team than four he wouldn't be the leader but I suppose above that of the NCOs-- though since I'm going to make his leadership skills actually a little sub par that might be a bad idea :P
The stargate program is run by the USAF that's why there are Air Force people there, and we have canon evidence for Marines being involved for heavier assaults, however Army has never been used in the show. So if you want to use and army character, and do feel free to, you need to have some kind of a backstory as to why he was assigned.

Mark made a SEAL (navy) but he was assigned to the SGC because one- he's CIA now not Navy, and two he needed to get off world and could provide valuable assets to the team.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.