Allegiance

Voyager
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Allegiance

Post by Teaos »

He and the actress that plays T'Pol were rather well known for being vocally out spoken about the direction the show was headed in.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

You wouldn't happen to have any links to articles where they speak out or anything?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I'd have liked to have seen Kes develop more after she got possessed by that Warlord. And I always saw her as being better matched to Tuvok - during the later years they would have been at equivalent age.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You wouldn't happen to have any links to articles where they speak out or anything?
Link

I found this on a google search, its more about his genral hatred for Voayger as a whole rather than what was happening to Voyager over time.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm not one to greatly defend Voyager, but Beltran comes across as kind of an ass in that video.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

in my opinion, they would have been good bunking off Neelix. by the time Of Kes's departure there was little left for him to do. besides the episode later in series 7 about the Talaxian miners. and that was quite a poor one IMO. Kes had more potential than He did.

on Harry. He's not sexy, he's cutesy. I'd hit it, but i'd be able to have a sweet conversation too.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Reliant121 wrote:in my opinion, they would have been good bunking off Neelix. by the time Of Kes's departure there was little left for him to do. besides the episode later in series 7 about the Talaxian miners. and that was quite a poor one IMO. Kes had more potential than He did.

on Harry. He's not sexy, he's cutesy. I'd hit it, but i'd be able to have a sweet conversation too.
Ahh....but would you respect him in the morning ? :lol:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'd hit Harry too, but I suspect we mean different things by that.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm with Graham, I'd hit it... with a crowbar.

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Don't damage the merchandise. She could have "rented" him out, since he seemed so popular with alien women.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Popular as bait, a mark, or a target, maybe. He'd be the only gigolo in the galaxy who'd have to make change.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:Popular as bait, a mark, or a target, maybe. He'd be the only gigolo in the galaxy who'd have to make change.
Or pay us to just take him back already
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Sometimes i wonder why i even bother making theser comments. :roll:
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I seem to remember hearing that Beltran was utterly sick of Voyager by the end. He had virtually nothing to do on the show after Janeway's main relationship shifted to be with Seven; became the kind of glorified extra that Mayweather ended up being.

If they ever do another series, they really should cut down the number of main cast by at least two. As is they always seem to end up with a couple of people that they don't use much.
The television series Firefly had as many cast members and Joss Whedon always seemed able to give everyone something to do or say in every single episode. There was wonderful interaction between very different people with their own histories and motivations. And perhaps that was partly what was wrong with Enterprise. Everyone was pretty much Starfleet. If Mayweather had been drafted we could have seen resentment for being forced to serve Starfleet. Have Enterprise's human doctor die early on and Phlox replace him. Does this mirror some of Voyager? Yeah, but having Archer having to deal with a very alien doctor with his own ideas of medicine would have made for some very interesting interaction as he begins to understand just how alien a place the universe it. I just did not get that with Phlox in Enterprise. I would have made T'Pol very much Archer's nemesis throughout much of the first season rather than someone who becomes his buddy by the end of the first episode.

All in all, Enterprise's cast was tremendously bland. In fact, I would say Joss Whedon could have done wonders for the Trek franchise.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hell it would have been interesting if T'Pol never became friends with anyone, she could respect them as officers but there is no need to make everyone buddies.