YOU are hired to create ENT

Enterprise
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: YOU are hired to create ENT

Post by KuvahMagh »

He also had the CVN-65 IIRC.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:What is the big problem calling the ship Enterprise? Equipping it with a revolutionary, Warp Five engine is, after all, like the first nuclear Aircraft Carrier, IE USS Enterprise.
Dulmur : "Be specific captain, which Enterprise? There have been five."
Lucsly : "Six!"
Sisko : "This was the first Enterprise. Constitution class."
Dulmur : "His ship."
Luscly : "James T. Kirk."

DS9, Trials and Tribbleations.

That answer your question?

As for evil Vulcans. Just off the top of my head : In Enterprise the Vulcans deliberately tried to inhibit Earth's progression; going beyond non-interference, they actively sought to use their influence to prevent Earth exploring space, and actively tried to end the NX-01's mission more than once.

They hid a sensor outpost on one of their own most sacred holy sites, and repeatedly lied about it.

They maintained a policy of government discrimination against those Vulcans who used their telepathic abilities. They pushed this discrimination to the point where they refused to conduct medical research into a deadly disease spread by the practice, and refused to share what they did know about it with anybody; essentially this is little more than state sponsored murder.

The Vulcan government deliberately planned a war of aggression against the Andorians, which was to be initiated by a sneak attack. They fabricated evidence to support this plan, and attempting to murder those who tried to prevent it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:What is the big problem calling the ship Enterprise? Equipping it with a revolutionary, Warp Five engine is, after all, like the first nuclear Aircraft Carrier, IE USS Enterprise.
Dulmur : "Be specific captain, which Enterprise? There have been five."
Lucsly : "Six!"
Sisko : "This was the first Enterprise. Constitution class."
Dulmur : "His ship."
Luscly : "James T. Kirk."

DS9, Trials and Tribbleations.

That answer your question?
No, since the number was wrong, and Sisko was wrong. the first Enterprise was a SAILING SHIP.Even without the NX-01, there had been at least four other Enterprises not mentioned in that dialogue. The only first that the USS Enterprise of the TOS era had was that it had the first NCC-1701 sequence.

So...still no problem naming a ship Enterprise.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

OK, so first spaceship named Enterprise, or first after the unification of Earth, or what have you. That's just semantics.
ChakatBlackstar wrote:The Vulcans were argent,
When were there silver Vulcans? :confused:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:No, since the number was wrong, and Sisko was wrong.
Except he was talking about starships.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

GrahamKennedy wrote:
SS Enterprise was left out, and that's a Starship.

The name isn't a problem, really.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:
SS Enterprise was left out, and that's a Starship.

How do you know it was?
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

GrahamKennedy wrote:
How do you know it was?[/quote]
From its general look?

There shouldn't be a problem naming an UNITED EARTH Starship Enterprise.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:What I would do?

5) No 'evil Vulcans'. The Vulcans of Enterprise are not recognisable as the ones of TOS, and although recognising that and fixing that was a wonderful idea, having it in the first place was not. My Vulcans would have helped Earth out in the aftermath of First Contact. Not necessarily directly giving us advanced technology, but protecting us from bad guys while we were vulnerable, giving advice, trade, etc. Non of this "holding us back" nonsense. In Enterprise, the Vulcans would not be horrible and standoffish; Vulcan and Human exchange officers would be somewhat common, and cordial and supportive relationships the norm.
After 'Amok Time', I think the Vulcans were fine in ENT. They can be pretty arrogant, ice-cold bastards when they want to be.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

And before then?

Honestly the Evil Vulcans were ok IMO, not great but I could have lived with it if it hadn't been for all the other points that have been made. By its self it would have been an interesting plot point. With the dozen or so other points... it shows the complete lack of caring about canon and the show of trek.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

GrahamKennedy wrote: As for evil Vulcans. Just off the top of my head : In Enterprise the Vulcans deliberately tried to inhibit Earth's progression; going beyond non-interference, they actively sought to use their influence to prevent Earth exploring space, and actively tried to end the NX-01's mission more than once.
They were concerned that Earth was moving too fast and tried to slow us down for our own good.
They hid a sensor outpost on one of their own most sacred holy sites, and repeatedly lied about it.
It is logical to keep tabs on your enemy.
They maintained a policy of government discrimination against those Vulcans who used their telepathic abilities. They pushed this discrimination to the point where they refused to conduct medical research into a deadly disease spread by the practice, and refused to share what they did know about it with anybody; essentially this is little more than state sponsored murder.
To assume that discrimination is limited to emotional species is not logical. I guess the Vulcans aren't as perfect as you thought.
The Vulcan government deliberately planned a war of aggression against the Andorians, which was to be initiated by a sneak attack. They fabricated evidence to support this plan, and attempting to murder those who tried to prevent it.
Okay, I'll give you that one.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:They were concerned that Earth was moving too fast and tried to slow us down for our own good.
Rot. They were scared that Earth was going to outstrip them and took measures to ensure they would remain top dog in local space. Not very Vulcan-like.
It is not, however, logical to lie through your teeth to your closest allies to hind the fact that you're hiding a military installation under a noncombattant facility.
To assume that discrimination is limited to emotional species is not logical.
Discrimination in and of itself is blatantly illogical.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:...Discrimination in and of itself is blatantly illogical.
I don't know about that. I seem to be predisposed to hate child molesters.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:They were concerned that Earth was moving too fast and tried to slow us down for our own good.
Rot. They were scared that Earth was going to outstrip them and took measures to ensure they would remain top dog in local space. Not very Vulcan-like.
Where is the logic in that assumption? Their reasons for concern are ligitament.
It is not, however, logical to lie through your teeth to your closest allies to hind the fact that you're hiding a military installation under a noncombattant facility.
It is logical to hide top-secret military facilities hidden from potential leaks. You don't think the US has told the British about every top secret facility we have do you?
To assume that discrimination is limited to emotional species is not logical.
Discrimination in and of itself is blatantly illogical.
But there can be ligitament and logical reasons for discrimination. Like Tsu's example of child molesters. Or rapests, or murderers, and these Vulcans the Vulcan government discriminated against were on par with these types of criminals as far as the Vulcans were concerned.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Like Tsu's example of child molesters. Or rapests, or murderers, and these Vulcans the Vulcan government discriminated against were on par with these types of criminals as far as the Vulcans were concerned.
Tsu's example doesn't refer to prejudice; it refers to (righteous) vindictiveness and anger at an actual event. There is a difference. Making war with the Andorians may have benn able to be rationalized; lying and fabricating evidence can not be so justified by the Vulcan mindset that we had known previously. As far as the outlaw Vulcans, they were made into criminals because of the prejudice against them; not discriminated against because they were criminals.

And I still want to hear why they were silver.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer