Starfleet personal

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Starfleet personal

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Granted, the 2nd one was on orders.
I think Picard probably figured that it was going to happen anyway, and just tried to save her some dignity. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Picard: *sighs* "Yes, counselor, fine - tell them it was under orders."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Entirely possible - as Ships Counselor she must enough blackmail material on the rest of the crew to get away with anything.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Makes me wonder how hard up she was for a good buggering that she married Riker, that alone is proof of her madness. There better not be a TNG movie in ten years with their kid in it.Image
Now you've done it, somewhere out there is a fanboy eagerly typing up his script... of course to make it uber awesome the kid will also be the grandson of Kirk through some random temporal incursion while its god mother will be Janeway since she is unlikely to ever have any of her own...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

He'll also fall for a cute princess only for her to a) Turn out to be his sister (not unlikely given the amount fermenting Riker has done of and b) to snub him for the bad boy.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

kostmayer wrote:...b) to snub him for the bad boy.
Funny thing is, in reality, women only like illusory "bad boys". If you're actually wild, they don't seem to like it as much...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
kostmayer wrote:...b) to snub him for the bad boy.
Funny thing is, in reality, women only like illusory "bad boys". If you're actually wild, they don't seem to like it as much...
Spoken from experience? :wink:
Two words for you: "plausible deniability."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Girls do like the bad boys, Thats why they stay in abusive relationships.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Girls do like the bad boys, Thats why they stay in abusive relationships.
There's a difference between a moderately crazy rebel and a woman-beating piece of sh*t, Teaos. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Girls do like the bad boys, Thats why they stay in abusive relationships.
No, they drfit from one abusive relationship because it's all they've had and they've been beaten down so much that they think it's all they deserve. C'mon dude this is a well established fact. Some woman may like the "bad boy" who drives a harley etc and is a teddy bear at home, that's a far cry from someone who beats them.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
No, they drfit from one abusive relationship because it's all they've had and they've been beaten down so much that they think it's all they deserve...
I sure wish it was easier to get that point across to some women...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Thats not the only reason. Sometimes they think that their guy beating them is how he shows her he loves her. Usually stems from their Dad beating them when they were young.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Thats not the only reason. Sometimes they think that their guy beating them is how he shows her he loves her. Usually stems from their Dad beating them when they were young.
Yes, hence the "that's what they think they deserve". It's a vicious circle and it's never anyone issue that drives it, rather a tragic trainwreck.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. Unfortunately, it's not something easily fixed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Tragic indead. One of my friends in college was (maybe is, lost touch with her) in an abusive relationship. I wish I had done something about it, but the guy was 180lbs of muscle (ouch for me). I tried to convinse her to seek help, but then the year ended and I haven't seen her since. :(
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.