Buran Comment thread

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Buran Comment thread

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. It could be a type of recipe that was invented on Vulcan, but not neccesarily by or for Vulcans.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Indeed. It could be a type of recipe that was invented on Vulcan, but not neccesarily by or for Vulcans.
Probably invented by humans who were stuck on Vulcan. They needed a stiff drink to get through the day.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If I cut the mollusks and the Port, that leaves me with some unknown "Pok Tar" dish, Vulcan spiced tea, and Plomeek soup. Not the most diverse of menus. I suppose I could just make something up, right?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yeah. i think inventing a variety of vegetable dishes and spices would be good.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Go for salads.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm not sure I like vulcan cuisine....Salad ¬.¬
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Too bad you're a race of arogant vegans then. :P
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

i do pick em dont i?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed.

Oh, forgot to mention, a cookie for whoever can tell where I got the surnames for my medical subordinates from.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I thought I'd name the main MACOs and post brief descriptions of each. Figure enough to play around with. Any others are background guys who stand there and look pretty.

Bastet(me)-MACO CO
Monroe(Monroe)-MACO XO
Church-the good soldier
Caboose-the idiot
Tucker-the pig
Grif-lazy
Simmons-kiss up
Donut-the feminine one
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It's almost as though you yanked those names straight from Red vs Blue... :lol:

Wait, what?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:It's almost as though you yanked those names straight from Red vs Blue... :lol:

Wait, what?
Now don't be ridiculus. They're nothing like RvB. For starters, no Tex and no Sarge. And they aren't trying to kill each other, or hunt down an AI that can take control of people's bodys, or have a talking tank...Can we have a talking tank?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:It's almost as though you yanked those names straight from Red vs Blue... :lol:

Wait, what?
Now don't be ridiculus. They're nothing like RvB. For starters, no Tex and no Sarge. And they aren't trying to kill each other, or hunt down an AI that can take control of people's bodys, or have a talking tank...Can we have a talking tank?
Yes!
So is it a sausage fest besides your character? I wanted Monroe to get some lovin' :(
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:

Wait, what?
Yes!
So is it a sausage fest besides your character? I wanted Monroe to get some lovin' :(
The tank could be a girl. Or you could come up with some female characters. Or turn your character gay.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I figured as Lieutenant Federov was there during Construction he would be the one to shuttle the ship out to T'Pranaath. Mikey, I threw in a reference to some engineers who were there during construction so you can pick who you want if you'd like. Just remember, Federov was the senior officer present. I tried to show that the Vulcans haven't completely recovered from the incidents with the High Command and the Syrannites. There still not the "perfect" TOS Vulcans we know, but they're getting there. I forget if an interstellar war between Vulcan & Romulus was canon, but considering their relation to each other, it's likely.

Critique is welcome.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."