How will the United States fall?

In the real world
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Then why is one illegal but the other legal?
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

They did try making alcohol illegal once... we all know how that turned out. It's a political non-starter given the popularity of alcohol (which goes back to the very earliest human civilizations)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The same is true of cigarettes, as well.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If any drug should be banned, it's tobacco. Seriously, no good whatsover comes from breathing carcinogenics right into your freakin' lungs!
I'll never understand smoking....
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

What I don't undersand is why anyone smokes in the first place - the stuff sinks, stains, and has you coughing like you're about to turn yourself inside out. What's the attraction?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I've never so much as touched a cigarette, but many of my fellow students going all the way back to high school (as young as 16) smoked. Personally I find even secondhand smoke to be repulsive.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Then why is one illegal but the other legal?
Short answer? Reefer madness, it'll make pure white woman bang those dirty negros.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Then why is one illegal but the other legal?
Short answer? Reefer madness, it'll make pure white woman bang those dirty negros.
Some how this just doesn't answer anything in the least.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:I think America will boil in its own blood so to speak. One day, one of the decisions made by head office somewhere, will offend a racial group, ethnic group whatever. Then there'll be a racial, Ethnic divide. Blah blah blah, fights break out and we end up with Ethnic and Racial Gang wars consuming America.
Been there, done that. Didn't workout so well and everyone just started smoking pot. Its going to take a lot more then just some guy in an office to cause such a problem.
You'd be suprised Deepcrush. One person can make a difference. If it is a good or bad difference is up to that person. And isn't pot illigal now not to mention a drug that is now known to be dangerous? Somehow I don't see hippys making a comeback.
True, one person can make a difference. But, will the people follow that person. The thing about the US is that no one has to follow anyone for anything.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote: Some how this just doesn't answer anything in the least.
That's kind of the comedy gold option plus internet rumor. The start of it as I understand came about in the early 20th as a reaction to the common (at the time) belief that it would make otherwise normal white woman sleep with black men (like the old opium argument). Considering when this happened that was a big no-no. Interestingly enough, this also killed off the hemp industry as well. Which was probably the actual intention but at the time blaming negros might have been more acceptable than: "hey we're going to kill off the hemp industry".
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I've never done drugs, not counting prescription stuff, and even then I try to keep it to as little as possible. In fact I don't think I've had anything stronger then asprin in years. Not for as long as I can remember. I don't understand the want or need to do any sort of drugs. There's the risk of damage to your body and the benefits don't last.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I've never done drugs, not counting prescription stuff, and even then I try to keep it to as little as possible. In fact I don't think I've had anything stronger then asprin in years. Not for as long as I can remember. I don't understand the want or need to do any sort of drugs. There's the risk of damage to your body and the benefits don't last.
I'm a former morphine addict and alcoholic and I don't understand the general appeal. I know why I did it: to bury the physical pain and the PTSD but if you didn't have these issues, I really don't know why you would do it.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I tried pot once in high school. It made me giggle, made me dizzy, and made me hungry. Then I thought to myself: you know, drinking alcohol and not eating for a while will produce the same results. And I'm all about NOT smoking tobacco. Also dangerous, but no one knows about it: heating up food in plastic containers. Believe it or don't, many plastics contain carcinogens, and heating food in plastic containers infuses about 10,000 times the normal amount of carcinogens into said food. Use glass or paper plates in the microwaves, guys.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Tripping over Mexico. *Rimshot*
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Hair wrote:I've never so much as touched a cigarette, but many of my fellow students going all the way back to high school (as young as 16) smoked. Personally I find even secondhand smoke to be repulsive.
Agreed, it's horrible to have to be anywhere near someone smoking. I'll never understand how it's so popular. I'm just glad it's banned in public buildings and workplaces, now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"