The worst film ever?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Okay, Stealth I can kind of understand, but Armageddon and Van Helsing? Okay so Armageddon has virtually no scientifically accurate parts in it beyond the huge ass rock destroys earth thing. If that's why you don't like it I can understand, but IMO that's a stupid reason. But what could you possibly dislike about Van Helsing?

As for worst movie, Escaflowne The Movie. The only thing it had in common with the series was the name and the outer apperance of Escaflowne. Plus it was so dull, I don't even remember most of it. I can usally at least remember a movie even if it was bad, but if I forget it, you know it has to be bad.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The worst film ever?

Post by MetalHead »

Rochey wrote:Well, what film do you consider to be the worst ever made, and why?

Personaly, I'm going to have to nominate "Manos" The Hands of Fate.
"Undefeatable" - in 1994. So bad its brilliant. Watch it on youtube. hilarious martial arts film, its like a bad nintendo game come to life!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The worst film ever?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

MetalHead wrote:
Rochey wrote:Well, what film do you consider to be the worst ever made, and why?

Personaly, I'm going to have to nominate "Manos" The Hands of Fate.
"Undefeatable" - in 1994. So bad its brilliant. Watch it on youtube. hilarious martial arts film, its like a bad nintendo game come to life!
Here's one of the fight scenes.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

What was wrong with Van Helsing? You'd get a much shorter answer if you asked, "What was right with Van Helsing?"

Oh, and The Brothers Grimm. Stinker-rama!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:What was wrong with Van Helsing? You'd get a much shorter answer if you asked, "What was right with Van Helsing?"
That's all kinds of not helpful.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Graham, have you seen The Core? I take it not, as you haven't got it listed there, but that film makes everything on that list look like a work of art in comparison.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Graham, have you seen The Core? I take it not, as you haven't got it listed there, but that film makes everything on that list look like a work of art in comparison.
Even I agree on that one. Other then some of the funny stuff or the crash landing of the Endeaver(which took some artistic license there. Shuttles can't retract their wheels, it has to be done at a NASA facility) there was very little that was good. And it's scientific accuracy made my Made-Up-Sh*t-o-meter go off the scale(I really need a bigger scale :P )

And what about those Mars movies from a while back? I know there were two of them, Red Planet, and something else. They were both pretty lame.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They made films of them? I know they were books (bad ones from what I've heard) but I didn't know they were films.

Oh, and another candidate; The Matrix: Revolutions.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Mikey wrote:Atonement was so bad that it's up for Picture of the Year at the Oscars.
... which is why we went to see it. The first 30 minutes is bascically adult males trying to sodomize 12 year old girls, then they go to WW1 and some fighting and they two make characters meet up again.... but then, at the very end, you find out that they never did meet up again but one of the idiot 12 year olds made it up to make her book sell better.

But hey... if you are into seeing minors get sodomized... this movie is all you. Apparently the Artsy-fartsy crowd is into that. I however will pass.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:They made films of them? I know they were books (bad ones from what I've heard) but I didn't know they were films.
Well, there was one with a rescue mission that gets all kind of screwed up, and they find that 'the face' on mars is actually the home of an alien ship that failed to leave with the rest of their species, and one guy joins them to do...whatever, while the others go home. Very dull.

And another where everyone except the female commander have to abandon ship because of complications from micro meteor impacts and then a bot they brought with them kills everyone who doesn't get pushed off a cliff or suffocate in their own suit except the guy who has a crush on the girl. Go figure. Oh, and some sort of organisms on the planet made the air breathable. Sucks for the guy who didn't take off his suit before his air ran out.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And another where everyone except the female commander have to abandon ship because of complications from micro meteor impacts and then a bot they brought with them kills everyone who doesn't get pushed off a cliff or suffocate in their own suit except the guy who has a crush on the girl. Go figure. Oh, and some sort of organisms on the planet made the air breathable. Sucks for the guy who didn't take off his suit before his air ran out.
Oh, I saw that one. The robot was called Amy, right?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
Oh, I saw that one. The robot was called Amy, right?
Yep, AMII. Pronounced like Amy. Like how Wii is pronounced We. The robot must be japanese.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Okay, Stealth I can kind of understand, but Armageddon and Van Helsing? Okay so Armageddon has virtually no scientifically accurate parts in it beyond the huge ass rock destroys earth thing. If that's why you don't like it I can understand
It's partly that. But also...

The incredible stupidity of the premise that the government would send a group of miners into space.

The Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE editing.

The dreadfully cliched characters.

The appalling dialogue.

Space madness. I mean come on, space madness?!?!?!

And so on.
But what could you possibly dislike about Van Helsing?
It's the kind of movie you would get if you gave 200 million dollars to a nine year old child. It doesn't know when to stop.

"I want vampires! And werewolves! And Frankenstien's monster! And Jekyll and Hyde!"

By the end I was honestly waiting for a gang of Yetis to turn up riding the Loch Ness Monster.

ChakatBlackstar, if I may ask you a personal question... how old are you?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Rochey wrote:Graham, have you seen The Core? I take it not, as you haven't got it listed there, but that film makes everything on that list look like a work of art in comparison.
Lordy, I forgot the Core!

I actually show the Core to my science classes so that we can go through how scientifically absurd it is.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
I think that's the only thing that it's good for.