Winter Weather

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Meanwhile, here in New Jersey on the Atlantic coast, we had a 40-degree Monday - today, it's 70 out with a warm breeze. :?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's actualy been quite a nice day over here, oddly enough. Nice sunny skies, fairly warm for this time of year, no rain.
Did I sleepwalk over to Spain during the night, or something? :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Maybe you made it over here to New Jersey! If someone just cursed at you for no apparent reason, then you're here. :lol:

Like I said, we went from 40 to 70 today, and we all know what that means - awful thunderstorms and respiratory viruses all around. :evil:
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Was just going to post that. Around 70F (21C) - some people were walking around in short sleeves! We also had a week of spring-like temps in December 06.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Maybe you made it over here to New Jersey! If someone just cursed at you for no apparent reason, then you're here.
Oh, so that explains the 'You are now leaving civilisation' signs I saw. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Welcome to New Jersey - where the weak are killed and eaten. :twisted:
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Ouch, sounds bad.
It got worst. Last night on my way home visability was so bad (couldn't see a semi more then 20 feet away)I had to park at the mall for an hour, where the only open store was Sears, then when I was making to leave I locked myself out of my van with the keys in it, and the engine still running. So the only other person with keys, my mother, had to come and unlock it. Then we had a fiasco trying to get both my van and her car in the driveway. She could only get the car part way in, so we were going to have her back out so I could pull the more powerful van in and both cars got stuck in snowbanks. So we spent the next hour or two digging them out(and a neighbors) and trying to get them in the driveway. And to top it all off our snowblower is either dead or on it's last leg because we couldn't start it last night because one of the lines to the carberator was busted.

It wasn't that bad till I hit Sheboygan county, then it was like driving into a wall of snow. The road I took, I-43, was closed south of sheboygan(city). I even missed my intended exit it was so bad. Luckily there's four exits, and I only missed the first.

Of coarse I could've avoided this all by staying in Green Bay at a hotel if I had wanted to.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ugh. Sounds like real crap all around, Blackstar. Maybe that's a sign regarding which state you intend to live in in the future? :)
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ugh, sounds horrible.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That aint pleasant. The weather is just beginning to warm up now which is good because I have twice become dangerously close to freezing up.

You got my sympathies, Blackstar
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

And I've just heard that my county is on of several in the area that have run out of salt. Some areas are using salt and sand mixes, which aren't as effective. I haven't seen whatour county is doing yet, we just ran out during that last storm. Other countys like Milwaukee have been out for weeks.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

We haven't gottne precipitation like tha in the Northeast, but we just went from 49 degrees F on Sunday to wind chills of -5 to -10 on Monday. When the TV meteorologist can count ON ONE HAND the number of minutes it will take for frostbite to set in, it's pretty damned cold.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Yep. I walked 30 minutes to and from school in that cold yesterday! Thankfully, there's no class today. One of my engineering professors described the coldest weather he'd ever experienced, which was in... Wisconsin!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

There's a supermarket I pass on the way to and from campus; on the way home I bought some hot cocoa mix. It was quite welcome once I got home!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, it's actualy a lovely day over here. Clear blue skies, no clouds, warm weather, great sun, it's almost like summer. Just two days ago I woke up to ice all over the path down my garden and bitter cold winds.
Goddamn freaky Irish weather. :?