FTF XIII - Hunt for the Vampire

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: FTF XIII - Hunt for the Vampire

Post by Nickswitz »

Thanks for the obvious, very helpful... :roll:

But if he was turned into one of them he probably could have said something, but dead, he can't say anything...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

so why don't we have everyone open their mouths...see who's got fangs.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

That's a good idea, I don't know if that will work... but you never know...

I don't got em... see for your self... :o
The world ended

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

DAYBREAK!!!
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Uzume »

A cold chill ran down Sophia's spine as her fingertips traced the ancient markings on the box in front of her. The pungent odor of Siberian Larch, a wood native to her ancestors' territory, filled the air. Sophia, entranced by her reflection in the mirror before her, lifted a small bundle from it's resting place. The cards called to her with urgency; she could feel them pulse within her hands. She cut the deck, still transfixed on her reflection. One by one, she turned the cards over; nine cards now stared up at her, drawing her gaze from the reflective glass.

A desperate gasp escaped her lips. Death hunts her from separate paths; the werewolf and the blood-sucker...
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Even with the coming of day, this mansion stayed shrouded in gloom. Only a hand full of rooms along the outer edges of the structure seemed to have windows, as well as some at the top of the place as well. However, nobody could seem to find the stairs leading upward, and eventually decided to seek their rooms. However, most doubted they could actually sleep after the events of the night so far. Murders, Vampires, and a desirable Gypsy foretelling her own doom was not the bedtime story most present would choose.

"The hell with this" Lt. Staplic said, racking a round into his .45 caliber pistol "Storm or not, I'm getting the hell out of here." To a sound of murmured agreements the made directly for the front door, throwing it wide. The gale force wind that ripped down the hallway knocking portraits off the walls, and carried rain in sheets, instantly drenching everyone standing at the door. Lighting could be seen tearing through the sky, and by its light, everyone could clearly see that the road had been completely washed away. They were completely cut off. They were trapped.

Staplic, Crush, and Glic forced the door closed by main strength, with its closing boom echoing down the hallway.

"I've seen storms like this before, at sea" Crush said "This one's a killer. And there's no telling when it'll blow over."

"Pray tell then" Lady Foxx said "What on Earth are we supposed to do now?"

Crossing his arms and pushing his glasses farther up onto his nose, Dr. Preston observed "I don't see what we CAN do. We're quite obviously trapped here."

"In that case, I'm goin' ta bed." Lazar said. "I need my ROM sleep. But, let's get one straight." He reached under his jacket and withdrew a nickel plated .38 revolver. "I like to sleep alone." Eying both Foxx and Uzume "Well, for the most part that is."

In ones and twos everybody trickled off to their rooms.

In one room, with the door locked one individual kneeled in reverent prayer, gripping a silver cross. "God, guide and defend us from this demon. I shall not yet act."

In a deserted wing, Sionnach Glic hunkered down over a desk in his guest suite, with a small hand crossbow loaded on the table waiting just in case. Over the years, he'd learned to be methodical when hunting the undead, and had eliminated his first suspect. He had made a list of all the guests, and just crossed out the name of one, having proven they were human, at least, so far. A scratching at the door drew his attention. He stood and grabbed his crossbow, moving to the door. He carefully opened it and stepped into the hallway, walking up and down the corridor a short distance. He returned to his room and closed the door. From where it was concealed a monstrous form grabbed him by the back of his neck. He quickly brought up and fired the crossbow into the chest of the beast, but to no effect. Powerful jaws clamped shut on this throat, and arterial blood sprayed. The beast held him till he stopped moving, then discarded him as if a piece of meat. It stared at him for a moment, and began shifting back to human form as it retreated from the scene. Blood pooled all over the floor, and stained the list. That the hunter was working on. The name "Lady Foxx" was the only one crossed off.

On a different side of the big house, another guest lay sleeping restlessly. A figure materialized from the shadows.

"Soon you will see things my way, my child."

NIGHTTIME--BEGIN
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

::Staplic Hears the noise from Rochey's room, draws his side arm and charges down the hall, bursting into the room, he see's the body, and list::

We've got another body in here!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Abby
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Abby »

* runs in *
Oh dear... he's been... torn apart. This wasn't a vampire attack, but something else. I'm a bit worried now. Not only are we threatened by a vampire, but by another creature, one who is extremely strong.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

What do you think about a Fox?

Foxx's name has been crossed out on this list.
Abby
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Abby »

I don't know what that means. It could be he was hunting the vampire and determined she wasn't one. Or it could be something else, I don't know. I am worried though. With one person gone and one or more vampires and a vicious... something, our chances are not good.
And to be perfectly honest, I don't want to die. I've seen enough death already.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

{having clomped in earlier} Very few people ever want to die my dear. Now I don't claim to be an expert on Evil Beast Lore but this looks quite a bit more vicious than you're standard vampire attack... Maybe not a fox but a wolf?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Are you saying you think we have a werewolf hanging around with us?
The world ended

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Why not? We just found out vampires exist after all, why not werewolves?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

True, does anyone have any clues as to who either of these may be?
The world ended

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

No, but I do have my suspicians about you Nick. Most everyone else here has honest jobs, you sir are a thief. A Vampire's skills might come in handy in that line of work.