Find The Founders XII

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Nickswitz »

I know telling each other about our pasts may not be useful in any way, but it may be useful as well, just saying, plus it's more than sitting staring each other down and doing nothing...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

This is.....what? The second useless tactic you've tried to promote? I agree that we need to do something, but these pointless games are just wasting our time.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Well I figured the fire would clean the blade first. But Alright, I'm from Kansas City. I enlisted a little later than most at 23, then became an officer shortly afterward after passing the exam. Twenty-nine now."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Sionnach Glic wrote:This is.....what? The second useless tactic you've tried to promote? I agree that we need to do something, but these pointless games are just wasting our time.
I'm a psychologist not a detective... :wink:

If you have any bright ideas why don't you toss them on the table, you seem all fine and dandy with being killed by some slimy liquid soup, why don't you come up with some brilliant idea, or hell, a half decent idea, at least I'm coming up with something. All you seem to be able to do is go and toss out every one elses ideas, it's like you want us to die or something...
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fine, in that case let's put everyone's actions and words under scrutiny. Far better than just getting together around the camp fire and relating life stories.

So, to get the ball rolling, I'm going to throw an accusation at our resident psychologist here. Why? Well, at every turn he's displayed and appalling lack of knowledge in the most basic of standard survival matters which we all learned back at the Academy, and twice has tried to get us to engage in activities that would do nothing but waste what little time we do have. So to sum it up, he's either trying to get us killed or a total fool.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Ok, in this case, I'll admit it, I'm a total fool, I never gave a crap about the academy, I went because my parents wanted me to 'do something' This is what I got to do, read people.

I'll throw another one out there, you Mr. Sionnach, You have tried your best to halt any thoughts anyone had to do anything. I tried my best to put some input in, and you toss it down, you seem to be the only one that isn't trying to go along with it...
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

To be honest, Nick here has the best chance of figuring out who, if any, of us is a Founder. I mean besides me if I had the right equipment. He's a psychologist, and while I wasn't the best in my psych classes, I know that profiling is a very useful tool in catching criminals, sometimes more useful than action.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Thank you for trusting my ability to read people, it is my ONLY useful skill really, I was never really able to do much else, and there was a reason, from a psychological standpoint that I wanted to hear life stories, and if I said it straight out the founders could catch on quickly, and rearrange their behaviour, which would be another loss for us.
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Assuming, of course, that he is who he claims to be. I find it highly doubtful that he'd have ever graduated with the skills, or lack thereof, he's displayed so far.
Nickswitz wrote:I'll throw another one out there, you Mr. Sionnach, You have tried your best to halt any thoughts anyone had to do anything. I tried my best to put some input in, and you toss it down, you seem to be the only one that isn't trying to go along with it...
Because, to be perfectly blunt, your plans suck. They've consisted of trying to figure out the Founders' "tells", which none of us have any clue as to, and sitting around telling stories about our family lives, all of which could easily be faked.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I've seen worse officers.

And to be honest, your plan is no better. All you seem to want to do is start killing... I wonder what that says about your childhood.

But no matter, as in the end it will be down to luck, rather than skill.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Because, to be perfectly blunt, your plans suck. They've consisted of trying to figure out the Founders' "tells", which none of us have any clue as to, and sitting around telling stories about our family lives, all of which could easily be faked.
See, if I explain the plan, the founders will know, this actually always works, and there are no 'tells' of a founder, I realize that, but there are tells of a liar, especially since founder behavior is learned not instinctual.
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And who's to say that they're necessarily novices when it comes to this? Given that you've no idea who any of us are or what we act like, you've nothing that tells you if we're acting unusualy or out of character. A well crafted backstory would leave no cracks in the story for anyone to find, and it's only reasonable to assume that they've done their homework if they're trying to infiltrate us. And undoubtedly an acomplished liar could easily go undetected.
stitch626 wrote:And to be honest, your plan is no better. All you seem to want to do is start killing... I wonder what that says about your childhood.
I had quite a pleasant childhood, actualy. And by all means, point out wherever I said we should start killing anyone. All I've done is point out that talking about family life is a total waste of time.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Hey you said we had med packs? Surely those have antiviral and bacterial swabs? And I know it has bandages. I still think cutting ourselves is the best plan if the blood of a Founder turn goldish. Just make sure you sanitize the knife first with the fire. I know there's a risk of infection but it seems like a pretty straight forward plan. Sterilize the knife, but, apply the swabs, bandage and see if the blood turns gold. Unless of course you all are too squeamish?"
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Sorry, I'm a little tense, you never said kill anyone... yet.
And you fail to understand the abilities of a good psychologist; one I met for the first time a month could tell me what I had for breakfast after just ten minutes in the room. All he wants us to do is talk. And most people can talk and work at the same time, so him listening is not a waste of time. At worst we lose nothing, as best, we find the Founders.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Thank you Stitch for being on my side here, as for Monroe, the only med kits we have are incomplete, and I believe Stitch said it had been destroyed by the fire from the shuttle and pods...

And yes, as I said,I'm quite good at psychology, not much else, but I'm good at psychology...

Also, I have another 2 food backs ready... and another 2 cooking, should be done with it all in about an hour.
The world ended