ST:XI Predictions Thread

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: ST:XI Predictions Thread

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah, apparently theres also ten prequels in the works.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sequals, man. sequals. Get your temporal relationships sorted out! :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, nine pre-sequels, and one half-sequel/half-prequel.

Good Lord, Adams was right. The most difficult thing about time travel is the grammar.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Mikey wrote:Well, nine pre-sequels, and one half-sequel/half-prequel.

Good Lord, Adams was right. The most difficult thing about time travel is the grammar.

Who needs grammar??? :twisted:
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Granpa?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

What the hell, here's my prediction. Spoilage is only based on what I've read at trekmovie.com.

- Romulus gets blowed up real good (as the result of a war with the Klingons?), Nero escapes. He blames the Vulcans, and Spock in particular, for failing to act to save his planet. He steals the Narada and goes back in time.
- Kirk is messing around in Iowa, rides past the Enterprise.
- Flashback to to 2230s: Kelvin is transporting a bunch of people, Narada arrives and attacks them, Capt Robau is killed by an exploding console, and George Kirk takes command. Winona Kirk goes into labor, George Kirk takes command and uses some daring tactic to buy enough time for the people to evacuate, while sacrificing himself after 12 minutes of combat. Jim Kirk is born on the medical shuttle, and Nero ends up getting captured by the Klingons.
- Young Jim Kirk is living with his uncle, who's a dick, so he decides to semi-suicidally drive the guy's vintage car off a cliff. Jim is troubled, reckless and a badass.
- Young Spock is growing up on Vulcan and struggles with cultural issues.
- Kirk gets into a bar fight. Pike is there to inspect the Enterprise, gives his speech.
- Kirk goes to Starfleet Academy, meets the other crew members, gets down with the Orion girl, cheats on the Kobayashi Maru test. They end up getting assigned to a training mission with Pike.
- Nero escapes from the Klingon prison and takes back the Narada (has he hidden it?), then he goes back in time.
- "We've received a distress call." The Narada comes to attack Vulcan, the Enterprise goes to fight Nero. Some of the crew go down to the surface to help, Pike is killed, Spock assumes command, they manage to fight Nero off.
- They're trying to figure out what to do, and Kirk and Spock get into an argument. Spock is acting irrationally for some reason, he shoves Kirk onto an escape pod and puts him on Delta Vega.
- Kirk escapes some monsters, Scotty goes looking for him. Kirk meets old Spock, who has come back in time in his little timeship to save the day. He tells Kirk what to do. Kirk and Scotty return to the Enterprise, and old Spock follows them in his timeship.
- Nero decides to attack Earth. Spock ends up getting captured, and he meets old Spock somehow. Old Spock tells him that he's not ready to be captain yet, because of all the stuff he's dealing with, and that Kirk is an okay guy. Kirk assumes command and engages the Narada.
- Nero fires on San Francisco, so Kirk, Sulu and a redshirt parachute down to fight his guys on the drilling platform. Some epic combat takes place, the redshirt gets killed, they disrupt the drilling process. Perhaps Nero is there and fights with Kirk.
- Kirk and Spock get back on the Enterprise, and there's an awe inspiring space battle scene. Nero is like, "Fire everything!", and old Spock ends up slamming his timeship into the Narada to help the Enterprise. Nero is defeated, Kirk becomes the youngest starship captain ever, and they warp away into the sunset.

But there are still some parts of that that don't jive for me, and I'm sure that I've gotten it significantly wrong.
Last edited by Lazar on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Not really a good prediction but I forsee a kick arse sound track. JJ Abrams is famous for them.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Teaos wrote:Not really a good prediction but I forsee a kick arse sound track. JJ Abrams is famous for them.
We can only hope! 8)

Have you listened to the theme on the site?

Sounds pretty good, but I hope the don't over emphasize the TOS drums too much, I think it may sound better if they are kept more low key, otherwise it could come off sounding goofy.

But I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

EDIT: 200th post! w00t!!!!!!!! :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

LaughingCheese wrote:EDIT: 200th post! w00t!!!!!!!! :lol:
Keep it up LC! You'll have 400 by the coming November! :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

:lol:
I remember when I felt that way, way way back three weeks after I joined.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Lt. Staplic wrote::lol:
I remember when I felt that way, way way back three weeks after I joined.

Actually, I should note that this isn't my first forum. :lol:

I'm on quite a few forums and have around 1,000+ posts+threads on them.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I saw some car forum once where there were several people who had like 20 or 30 thousand posts. :shock:
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:jawdrop:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

That's nothing. Have a look at SDN - Mike Wong's got over sixty thousand posts.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I saw some car forum once where there were several people who had like 20 or 30 thousand posts. :shock:
Give me a couple of years. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"