Powered Armour

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Powered Armour

Post by Monroe »

would red and black look better for Magmatic? Red and yellow works but its uglier than sulfur :P (Sulfur should be ugly, its an ugly element)
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Maybe... red and black is kinda hard to do though. Anything and black is hard to do, the way I am doing these!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Mikey wrote:Um... I like all the camo variations, but didn't you mention the fact that the Coalition has variable appearance or chameleon tech? If so, this would be the ideal candidate.
Yes, absolutely. These aren't paint jobs; these are examples of the different appearances it could assume.
Ah. Very cool, then. But wouldn't the ball joints assume the scheme along with all the sheet metal?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm thinking that the ball joints don't get the surface coat because they have surfaces scraping over them. Kinda like how you don't paint over the moving parts of a hinge.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Would it be beneficial for the central hull to have a hinge in the middle as well, so that it can face the enemy easier when suddenly attacked from behind?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

shran wrote:Would it be beneficial for the central hull to have a hinge in the middle as well, so that it can face the enemy easier when suddenly attacked from behind?
It's an idea, but the only way to do it would be to have the whole body section on a ring that could rotate independently of the legs. I don't think it's that practical when the whole thing can just turn around if needed.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

True, and joints are inherently weak spots in the design. The less, the better.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer