Dominion
42%

Total votes: 12
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: War of the Week: VII

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Then you should have added in a "stalemate" option. Neither side is going to get past the wormhole if both sides have a chance to build up their forces.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I still think the Dominion would win through shear weight of numbers in the end, they can afford to lose a fleet more than the alliance can lose a strike group.

The Founders wouldnt allow an alliance of solids as powerful as the Fed/KSE/RSE to survive, they would destroy it no matter the cost. They would have huge loses but in the end they would win. They would poor fleet of Battleships through until the alliance couldnt hold them back.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

But half this thread was about how they couldn't pour a fleet of battleships through the wormhole. No matter how many you have, "one-at-a-time" is still "one-at-atime."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Fleet that was erased was several dozen ships wide.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:The Fleet that was erased was several dozen ships wide.
Got a cap? I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing the disposition of the Dom fleet inside the wormhole.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll take one at some point. I'ma watch one episode on teh computer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not the clearest image, but it shall do.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Thanks. What class were those?
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I believe the large ships were Dominion battlecruisers, flanked by considerable numbers of attack craft.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK. Looks like the 'cruisers could go three abreast, or two plus auxiliary craft. Thanks, Reliant.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My pleasure.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There's also this scene from "In Purgatory's Shadow", which gives a good impression of the sort of strength the Dominion would be able to muster immediately after exiting the wormhole.

Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:But the alliance can never make in roads into Dominion space, which was part od the original senario, it was not about the Dominion trying to take over the AQ, it was about the Dominion and Alliance in an all out war, the alliance can never make in roads into the GQ thus they lose, the most they can hope to do is hold the wormhole, and if the Dominion take that which they have the power to do with heavy loses they win.
The biggest problem you have right now is you don't even bother to think that the Allies could win. Every time you talk you always say the "allies lose if they only hold the wormhole" but somehow you try to make it a win if the Dominion does it. So, you end up talking crap about nothing.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:I still think the Dominion would win through shear weight of numbers in the end, they can afford to lose a fleet more than the alliance can lose a strike group.

The Founders wouldnt allow an alliance of solids as powerful as the Fed/KSE/RSE to survive, they would destroy it no matter the cost. They would have huge loses but in the end they would win. They would poor fleet of Battleships through until the alliance couldnt hold them back.
Fleets of Battleships... I guess since the whole war we've only seen 4 of them, it must be a small fleet. :roll:

Do you even think when you talk or is it just the hope of making that shot in the dark? You keep saying they win because of numbers. Go ahead and think that, seeing how that helped them win the DW right... :poke:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:There's also this scene from "In Purgatory's Shadow", which gives a good impression of the sort of strength the Dominion would be able to muster immediately after exiting the wormhole.

So this would bring 8 Battlecruisers and maybe 3 times that in Bugs vs how many hundreds if not thousands of ships from the Allies... The only hope for the Dominion would be for them to just keep coming and pray the Allies run out of ammo at some point.