If you could change one thing

Enterprise
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: If you could change one thing

Post by Mark »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:In CQB, I'm sure there are plenty of instanced of opponents running out of ammo, and having to kill up close. I think HtH training is certainly important, though not nearly as much as decent tactics with firearms.
Hence the bayonet and buttstock. Both of which are far better weapons than a hand.
Even the Etool has been quite effective
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:
Even the Etool has been quite effective
Very effective, though the wood handle one is better for it than that folding thing.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Hence the bayonet and buttstock. Both of which are far better weapons than a hand.
Along with notable favorites like "masterlock in a sock" (one of my personal favorites), canes (especially my very stylish cold-steel and carbon-fiber cane :) ), and even a cup of piping hot coffee. Hands are pretty low on the list of better weapons, though I'll take a good choke-hold, arm bar or pressure-point grip over fighting with a spoon. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:Hence the bayonet and buttstock. Both of which are far better weapons than a hand.
Along with notable favorites like "masterlock in a sock" (one of my personal favorites), canes (especially my very stylish cold-steel and carbon-fiber cane :) ), and even a cup of piping hot coffee. Hands are pretty low on the list of better weapons, though I'll take a good choke-hold, arm bar or pressure-point grip over fighting with a spoon. :wink:
Even a good magazine rolled up makes an effective weapon.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

katefan wrote: Did the studio make them put T'Pol in f**k me pumps and a cat suit? Did the studio make B&B write episodes write A Night In Sickbay, Vanishing Point, Acquisition, Regeneration, Terra Nova, Unexpected and Two Days and Two Nights? Did the studio make B&B give us Romulans with cloaking devices and aliens employing "stealth technology"? Or maybe B&B could not write original, good stories any more and did not have the balls to admit it to themselves, or get the concept of a sequel. Sure, the transporters would have been annoying, but added to everything else, including the **** poor planning of the use of the D-7 model in Unexpected just tells me they just could not give enough of a damn.
Actually yes about T'Pol. And I liked Terra Nova.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think your guys' thinking on CQB is pretty right on but its still important to learn unarmed incase your rifle gets knocked away from you or you lose your entrenching tool. In war most fights end up rolling on the ground which is why the US military teaches their soldiers unarmed combat on the ground not standing up. I've never seen Trek teach that though.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Nope.....in Trek they teach the double fisted hammer punch and little else :lol:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mark wrote:Nope.....in Trek they teach the double fisted hammer punch and little else :lol:
haha I laugh every time I see kirk fight. And people give him so much credit at fighting over Archer on these forums. Least Archer can do more than one move :p

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Monroe wrote:
Mark wrote:Nope.....in Trek they teach the double fisted hammer punch and little else :lol:
haha I laugh every time I see kirk fight. And people give him so much credit at fighting over Archer on these forums. Least Archer can do more than one move :p
It is the favorite move of many many others. Picard used it against those Nausicans that stabbed him. Just about everyone on DS9 used in hand to hand action, and even Tuvok when fighting the Hirogin. I just trip.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

On that note, why is the only time in all of 'Trek that we see a Fed GI knife in the VOY ep in which Janeway pulls a ka-bar out of a locker to fight an infection? Are they so technologically advanced that they forgot how to make a 7" blade?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Monroe wrote:
katefan wrote: Did the studio make them put T'Pol in f**k me pumps and a cat suit? Did the studio make B&B write episodes write A Night In Sickbay, Vanishing Point, Acquisition, Regeneration, Terra Nova, Unexpected and Two Days and Two Nights? Did the studio make B&B give us Romulans with cloaking devices and aliens employing "stealth technology"? Or maybe B&B could not write original, good stories any more and did not have the balls to admit it to themselves, or get the concept of a sequel. Sure, the transporters would have been annoying, but added to everything else, including the **** poor planning of the use of the D-7 model in Unexpected just tells me they just could not give enough of a damn.
Huh. Didn't know that about T'Pol. So they made her wear that stupid wig, too?

As for Terra Nova, wouldn't it have been Archer's first priority after the pilot to check on a lost colony? Why didn't they ask the Vulcans to check on it?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:
And keep his shirt on.(not that I'm complaining)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:haha I laugh every time I see kirk fight. And people give him so much credit at fighting over Archer on these forums. Least Archer can do more than one move :p
Kirk gets more credit because he has a much better record at winning fights, not because of his technique. 8)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True true. Thats a major weakness i note. In every enterprise episode that i've watched, and alot of other series where hand to hand is encountered between some character and Sec/Tac staff, they always loose. and they loose by a mile!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

katefan wrote:
Monroe wrote:
Huh. Didn't know that about T'Pol. So they made her wear that stupid wig, too?

As for Terra Nova, wouldn't it have been Archer's first priority after the pilot to check on a lost colony? Why didn't they ask the Vulcans to check on it?

Oh I was thinking Terra Prime :P I still liked Terra Nova alright. I liked every episode at least somewhat besides the one with the genocide.
I know the studio insisted on the decon chamber sexiness and the T'Pol clothing (wanted her to be similiar to Seven's). They wanted viewers and sex sells well. I don't know about the wig though.

-Remain Star Trek-