Assignment DS9

Deep Space Nine
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Assignment DS9

Post by Reliant121 »

Well i've never seen the Dinner ladies go into the male toilets. but i believe they are permitted. I might be wrong.

This is the school with a permanent police officer stationed on sight. no other school I know of has it.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:This is the school with a permanent police officer stationed on sight. no other school I know of has it.
Wow, really? I thought that was common place. Even in the small town I went to high school in had a liason officer, the only reason he wasn't there everyday was cause our local police force is relativly short handed. And we don't have that much trouble crime-wise at the school. But I know back in sheboygan our middle school had a full time officer on duty, and I'm sure both North and South high schools had one too.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Very few British schools have them, if they do its only in schools that damn well need it because of criminal actions and such. The trouble we had with drugs, organized crime and stuff like that has pretty much gone now, and we are the best school in the area by OFSTED reports anyway.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've never heard of an Irish school with police officers or security guards. Or schools in any other European country that has them. They seem to be mostly an American phenomenon.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

PC Mandy Stanswood her name is. Bloody good woman too.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Since our company moved buildings, I've essentially become a toilet guard.

Delivery drivers come round the back, and straight into the warehouse (where all our expensive stuff is kept). But they can't get into the offices (where bugger all is kept), without someone buzzing the door open. Hence, everytime a delivery driver asks if he can use the toilet I have to open the door open of him and wait till he's done.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:This is the school with a permanent police officer stationed on sight. no other school I know of has it.
Wow, really? I thought that was common place. Even in the small town I went to high school in had a liason officer, the only reason he wasn't there everyday was cause our local police force is relativly short handed. And we don't have that much trouble crime-wise at the school. But I know back in sheboygan our middle school had a full time officer on duty, and I'm sure both North and South high schools had one too.
Hell, my old high school back in Las Vegas had an entire police sub-station inside, manned by officers of the "School District Police Dept", a seperate law enforcement entity. Most likey becuase bullying at my school mostly took place with hand guns. My sophmore year a guy walking up the front steps next to me was shot three times from behind for talking to somebody's girlfriend.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:I've never heard of an Irish school with police officers or security guards. Or schools in any other European country that has them. They seem to be mostly an American phenomenon.
We have the odd school in really crappy areas with metal detectors but hey, it's not like you couldn't get shanked with a pencil or a cafeteria utensil...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:Hell, my old high school back in Las Vegas had an entire police sub-station inside, manned by officers of the "School District Police Dept", a seperate law enforcement entity. Most likey becuase bullying at my school mostly took place with hand guns. My sophmore year a guy walking up the front steps next to me was shot three times from behind for talking to somebody's girlfriend.
Sounds a bit like high school here in Houston. Would likely have been worse if I'd stayed in LA, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mark wrote:Hell, my old high school back in Las Vegas had an entire police sub-station inside, manned by officers of the "School District Police Dept", a seperate law enforcement entity. Most likey becuase bullying at my school mostly took place with hand guns. My sophmore year a guy walking up the front steps next to me was shot three times from behind for talking to somebody's girlfriend.
Sounds a bit like high school here in Houston. Would likely have been worse if I'd stayed in LA, though.
In LA, it wouldn't surprise me at all if next they did something ridiculious like arming the teachers. I heard that was suggested one before somewhere, but shot down as a HORRIBLE idea. People who are armed don't realize that EVERY situation you walk into is a situation with a weapon present. How many people have been killed with their own weapon.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:People who are armed don't realize that EVERY situation you walk into is a situation with a weapon present. How many people have been killed with their own weapon.
Sure won't be me. :wink:

Though, we shouldn't get into that again either.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There was an occasional police presence in my high school, though this was back in the '80's. Lately, though, the student body is armed better than non-SWAT police.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:There was an occasional police presence in my high school, though this was back in the '80's. Lately, though, the student body is armed better than non-SWAT police.
Indeed. In fact to illustrate your point, a city wanted to equip its officers with semi-automatic pistols as sidearms (they were still using revolvers) and some official or other didn't want to spring for the extra cost. So he asked the police to prove that they needed more firepower. So the police brought in a crap load of weapons taken from a local high shcool. Police were armed with .38 revolvers with 6 shots, and the high schoolers has semi autos, sawed off shotguns, machine pistols, and submachine guns. The kicker was the AK-47. Needless to say, they let the police upgrade to .40 cal Glocks with extended mags.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Guys, no offence or anything, but you Americans scare me sometimes. :|
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Then our work here is done.

Seriously, Rochey - we scare ourselves, too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer