In the real world
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Wow, we spend more then 9 times then China on our military, and they're in second place. Why are we spending that much money on our military. I know we don't have a lot of friends but we could spend half that and still have a significant military advantage.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Wow, we spend more then 9 times then China on our military, and they're in second place. Why are we spending that much money on our military. I know we don't have a lot of friends but we could spend half that and still have a significant military advantage.
Pork for one. Another is the staggering amount of mismanagement in US defense projects.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

There are different levels of advantage. We're going for the "tell the UN to sit and spin" level.

Also the Russian and Chinese currencies are undervalued and there is some thought China isn't giving us all the info on their spending.

Also I think part of it is that Americans are horrified of casulaties. So we're trying to replace them with piles of money. (For example all the projects on combat robots that are going on right now).
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

On the note of the superpower thing is the Kosovo business.

On another forum a bunch of Serbs came in. And while I don't care for the arrogance of our side the discussions often went.

Them: "You cannot flaunt internattional law and simply rip a chunk out of a soverign nation!"

Americans: "We just did. So apparantly you can."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

sunnyside wrote:On the note of the superpower thing is the Kosovo business.

On another forum a bunch of Serbs came in. And while I don't care for the arrogance of our side the discussions often went.

Them: "You cannot flaunt internattional law and simply rip a chunk out of a soverign nation!"

You mean like they did with Yugoslavia?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
sunnyside wrote:On the note of the superpower thing is the Kosovo business.

You mean like they did with Yugoslavia?
Well, thats what they get for tring to kill everyone all the time. Those people may not want to stay around for part 28904578923478957234.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

When the federal government falls doesn't that end a country as we know it?
No, that CHANGES a nation but does NOT have to END it. The US gov changes in form every 2 years. For things to change again wouldn't destroy a country that is based on change.
There have been attemts to start one, nothing really big yet, but it's just a matter of time. It'll happen in the next 50 years so, it'll be soon.
Think about the statement you just made and how loaded with ****(think of your own word here as I'm not good with being nice and disagreeing at the same time, so i just left it blank) it is. A group of hicks or racists don't really count towards starting a new civil war. Its called "the cops got another one ma!" If anything, americans are moving futher away from such things. If the US ever goes back to being state run then there is a possible risk of civil war. But, so long as the federal gov is around in present form, it just won't happen.
Not true. Most jobs are being moved to China now. If the nation started going backwards fast enough the nation would fall with the economy. There aren't enough jobs. And so many people are over-qualified for their jobs as it.
First off, WRONG... The number of jobs open for work isn't always what it seems and you are mistaking outsourcing for employment. Not everyone has to be a million dollar baby at the end of their lives. People often think of jobs in the sense of money were they have to make as much as possible. Should such a crash come to pass, most likely it would cause a more simple way of life would return to the US that wouldn't be so dependent on outside service. I'm not saying it would be a highlight for the US, but it wouldn't end the nation either.

As the world continues to change, its hard to gather a real view of the future as new generations take hold. Though, to say something that is based off of a flopped view just to have the sake of saying it is a idiots game.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think America will boil in its own blood so to speak. One day, one of the decisions made by head office somewhere, will offend a racial group, ethnic group whatever. Then there'll be a racial, Ethnic divide. Blah blah blah, fights break out and we end up with Ethnic and Racial Gang wars consuming America.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Reliant121 wrote:I think America will boil in its own blood so to speak. One day, one of the decisions made by head office somewhere, will offend a racial group, ethnic group whatever. Then there'll be a racial, Ethnic divide. Blah blah blah, fights break out and we end up with Ethnic and Racial Gang wars consuming America.
Been there, done that. Didn't workout so well and everyone just started smoking pot. Its going to take a lot more then just some guy in an office to cause such a problem.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

meh...just an idea...I don't particularly care cause it's not my country.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You'd better care - your nation is headed down the same road of PC insanity that has enveloped us.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:
Well, thats what they get for tring to kill everyone all the time. Those people may not want to stay around for part 28904578923478957234.
Exactly. My sympathy for the region doesn't extend very far, as it seems the majority really want to kill everyone around them. If it was just the Serbs, that's one thing but every other faction is in on the act.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Deepcrush wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:I think America will boil in its own blood so to speak. One day, one of the decisions made by head office somewhere, will offend a racial group, ethnic group whatever. Then there'll be a racial, Ethnic divide. Blah blah blah, fights break out and we end up with Ethnic and Racial Gang wars consuming America.
Been there, done that. Didn't workout so well and everyone just started smoking pot. Its going to take a lot more then just some guy in an office to cause such a problem.
You'd be suprised Deepcrush. One person can make a difference. If it is a good or bad difference is up to that person. And isn't pot illigal now not to mention a drug that is now known to be dangerous? Somehow I don't see hippys making a comeback.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Pot is illegal, but no more dangerous than alcohol.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer