Fishy Fingers!!!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Fishy Fingers!!!

Post by McAvoy »

I eat practically everything. I'd probably eat a cat or dog as long as I didn't see the body before the butchering. Seafood never bothered me. Though sometimes it does gross me out thinking about lobsters as giant sea insects.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

No, no - they're related to scorpions, spiders, and those little roly-poly bugs, not insects.

That better? :happydevil:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

McAvoy wrote:......Though sometimes it does gross me out thinking about lobsters as giant sea insects.
I can't stand prawns for that same reason. I think of them as fleas or some other horrible little crawling type thing. I'll eat Salmon, Trout etc (the proper fish shaped fish). Tried crab, wasn't blown away by it. I guess i'm in the gimme a steak group though.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There's a lot of variation in crab. The popular king or snow crab yields a lot of meat, but is pretty bland and tasteless. Dungeness crabs are little better. Jonah crabs are smaller but taste better, and blueclaws are far and away the best, but not often commercially available - in New Jersey, for example, a "keeper" is any male 4-1/2" point to point. They just don't get to the size of a king crab, so they aren't harvested commercially.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:No, no - they're related to scorpions, spiders, and those little roly-poly bugs, not insects.

That better? :happydevil:
Yeah. Much better. Thanks. :bangwall:

It's odd though, I don't mind them but if that particular thought pops in my head it sort of grosses me out.

...though it is fun to get a live one and let it loose in the kitchen and have the cat fight it...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"