The Final Countdown (not the film)

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Final Countdown (not the film)

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Not even, you're not even aiming at the right Agency. Amateurs always think CIA... silly newbs...
Hmm. Well, I suppose dual-citizenship laws would allow for SIS or Mossad, but you don't seem the type... and MCIA seems a little too laid-back for you...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SIS, boring... Mossad would be cool but I'm not Jewish... MCIA is more a techy position and I'm better at breaking things then fixing them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, then, considering that "PsyOps" refers to "psychological" rather than "psychopathic," I'm stumped. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:Well, then, considering that "PsyOps" refers to "psychological" rather than "psychopathic," I'm stumped. :P
The two aren't really that far apart to be honest. The best way to psych out your enemy is to put them against someone who will not only do what they say they'll do, but in fact do far more then they are telling you. Its the details involved, how they do it, who they're doing it to and the why is that makes it good.

Plus, if you ever want to scare someone. If you're in a serious face and in a serious situation. Get a few people to come together and say "For the Emperor" to each other. Freaks the fuck out of people... :laughroll:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:
Mikey wrote:Well, then, considering that "PsyOps" refers to "psychological" rather than "psychopathic," I'm stumped. :P
The two aren't really that far apart to be honest. The best way to psych out your enemy is to put them against someone who will not only do what they say they'll do, but in fact do far more then they are telling you. Its the details involved, how they do it, who they're doing it to and the why is that makes it good.

Plus, if you ever want to scare someone. If you're in a serious face and in a serious situation. Get a few people to come together and say "For the Emperor" to each other. Freaks the fuck out of people... :laughroll:
Sounds a lot like Lewis Black's idea. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That would be good, sure as hell know that no one can hope for an assassination against him...

But he's right. To beat your enemy you just have to be MORE then they are. Are they tough then be tougher, are they crazy then be just plain psycho!
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Deepcrush wrote:That would be good, sure as hell know that no one can hope for an assassination against him...

But he's right. To beat your enemy you just have to be MORE then they are. Are they tough then be tougher, are they crazy then be just plain psycho!
And if they're just plain psycho sic Deep on them, prob would have a surrender in 5 minutes.....if they live that is.........well if there is anything left to ID that is......nevermind total victory is simpler.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

In person, it would be interesting. As a joke last weekend I convinced several friends they were iching... it was great. They spent the whole night suffering...
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

OK, a turn in direction for this question then.

What do you think these days is a generally accepted 'ripe old age' so that if you were to join the choir invisibule, it wouldn't be thought of as going before your time. I was thinking that if God tapped on my should and said, "Benny Boy, providing you don't do anything stoopid, you're going to live to be 80, take it or leave it but if you leave it, you may die tomorrow or you may live longer than 80" then I'd be quiet tempted. What sort of age do you think might be a dealbreaker for you?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, actuarial tables are now written to extend to 105. That of course doesn't mean a typical life expectancy, but is designed to avoid an excessive number of claims which would make a mutual insurer insolvent, at least temporarily. My parents are 76 and 73, and still globe-trotting... just between an increasingly large number of doctor visits.

Personally, I'd jump at the chance for anything past 70 or so, but I have an incurable condition which slowly but surely affects almost every system in the body. Considering decent health, I'd call 85 the high-water mark.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'd like to get to 70. It's increasingly unlikely unfortunately; as I grow older, Raynaud's caused sensitivity to temperature is getting gradually worse and will only continue to do so. Winter diseases will become more and more commonplace and ravenous; I am incredibly likely to suffer mild-mid level muscle atrophy by the time I'm 45 and more than likely to reach severe stages by around 65 onwards. If I ever have a heart attack, due to an already strained and struggling respiration system, I'm pretty much done for unless I'm saved very quickly.

I'd like to enjoy a few years of retirement. Otherwise, anything more than that is a bonus.