Trick or Treating

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That does suck, Thorin. Have you tried Imitrex?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Mikey wrote:That does suck, Thorin. Have you tried Imitrex?
Never heard of it - I've got somewhat use to headaches, I can tell the same ache and pain is still there, but I just take less notice of it. I do have some cripplings ones, though. Like the ones you have during a really bad hangover - when you just can't move your head without your brain exploding. I don't know how bad some people's have been, but I've had some ones so bad that the headaches would qualify up there with literally the worst pains of my life - the fact it's 'inside' your head is really so much worse than a physical pain, which with enough rubbing just goes away and it's easier to handle.
The only settling thing I find for my headaches is fresh air, just sitting down doing nothing for quite a while, which as you may guess isn't the most practical thing. Darkness/sleep doesn't cure it - I've never gone to bed with headache and woke up without one. I've even had dreams I've had headache - like where you've got a dead arm due to sleeping funny and you actually dream that your arm is hurting but whenever you rub it, it doesn't help!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

have you tried massaging the palpy bit of your thumb,it worked for me...am not going all new age, just trying to help
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It's actually a drug intended for chronic migraines. The term "migraine" no longer means just headaches caused by food allergies, but thos that generally aren't localized and may come with nausea, vertigo, and/or photosensitivity.

My sister-in-law had been getting 2 - 3 migraines a week, and Imitrex fixed her right up.
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I wouldn't mind trick or treating if it was still acceptible at my age. I just went to my fraternity house and dispensed a few cases of mixed micro brews among the guys. And of course, dressed up for the obligitory halloween party (I was a gay pirate).

Next year I'm gonna be Stephen Hawking, I think.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

When I was in college, we used to go door-to-door with a shot glass and say, "trick-or-liquor."
as Bull offed Custer