Anybody heard about this?!

Everything else
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The whole 'Battlestar:90210' bit during the third series was incredibly tedious. But it still stands far above anything else on at the moment.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The first season was the best, no doubt.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I am just as excited about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4eIcDLzKMA

as I am about the live-action SW show. I think both could be great, though it's unlikely I'll see that (see above) until it comes out on DVD. I heard the live-action show is going to be a network deal, so I'll be watching it for sure.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cool. Anybody heard anything about dates for either one?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:shock:

We need a drooling emoticon....
Were those AT-TEs climbing up the side of a cliff!?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Take a look at 1:27 - I'm pretty certain that's a superlaser tributary beam. Looks like the Great Weapon was up and running in some form before the end of the war.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:Take a look at 1:27 - I'm pretty certain that's a superlaser tributary beam. Looks like the Great Weapon was up and running in some form before the end of the war.
Yeah, that sure is what it appears to be. Hot dang but that trailer actually looks awesome.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that's definately a tributary beam. Aside from the colour, it matches the firing sequence from ANH almost perfectly.

It'll be interesting, to say the least, to find out if the CIS had a fully armed and operational Death Star during the war.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Maybe the vessel Vader and Palpatine were looking at at the end of RotS was operational to some degree. It's only a frame, but so was the prototype DS, and that was operational.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Possibly. But there are TradeFed battle droids to the left of the beam, on some sort of observation area. So, either the CIS captured the prototype, or they were building their own.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Possibly. But there are TradeFed battle droids to the left of the beam, on some sort of observation area. So, either the CIS captured the prototype, or they were building their own.
As I recall, the original Great Weapon was a CIS project, which was taken over by the Empire and developed into the Death Star. I was simply comparing the visual appearence of the RotS superlaser platform with the prototype Death Star, and suggesting that since the latter was operational, the former might be as well.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Were those AT-TEs climbing up the side of a cliff!?
Yes. Yes, they were. Like I said, I'm just as excited about this. Maybe more so.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As I recall, the original Great Weapon was a CIS project, which was taken over by the Empire and developed into the Death Star. I was simply comparing the visual appearence of the RotS superlaser platform with the prototype Death Star, and suggesting that since the latter was operational, the former might be as well.
Ah, okay. I misunderstood you there.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Between the two Death Stars, the prototype and the Great Weapon, and which of the latter two the RotS object was meant to be (or something else entirely), it's easy to get them all mixed up.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Just heard from my brother-in-law (so take it as you will) that the live-action show is due to be part of the story of eps VII, VIII, an IX.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer