Stargate Andromeda game comments

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stargate Andromeda game comments

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:I was reading the bios. I don't mean to be a stickler but Jaffa can't be hosts to Goa'uld. No clue why and I would be fine with ignoring it, just FYI :)
Yes they can. In fact, they are designed for it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
Monroe wrote:I was reading the bios. I don't mean to be a stickler but Jaffa can't be hosts to Goa'uld. No clue why and I would be fine with ignoring it, just FYI :)
Yes they can. In fact, they are designed for it.
To raise them but not to have them be their host. That was the plot behind the assassination attempt on Anubis with Daniel Jackson using the mind altering drug on that Chinese Goa'uld. The Goa'ulds had human slaves with them since Jaffa couldn't become hosts.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:To raise them but not to have them be their host.
Monroe wrote: The Goa'ulds had human slaves with them since Jaffa couldn't become hosts.
Wrong, any human without the immune gene can carry as a host. The Jaffa were designed to require a Goa'uld in order to survive, either as a host or as a carrier.
Monroe wrote: That was the plot behind the assassination attempt on Anubis with Daniel Jackson using the mind altering drug on that Chinese Goa'uld.
No, it wasn't. The plot was to take out all of the major System Lords but changed their minds when they found out Anubis was coming back. The Chinese Goa'uld you're talking about is Lord Yu.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe, I just looked over your character. You need to tone down his "skills". They make no sense to the character you're writing about.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deep's right.

The Jaffa were genetically engineered to include a pouch that could serve as an incubator for the larval Goa'uld, however there wasn't anything done to prevent them being taken as a host. really I don't see how that would work, the Goa'uld latch onto the spinal cord at the base of the neck so unless they altered it's nervous system pretty heavily there's not a whole lot of genetic manipulation they can do to stop it.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:Monroe, I just looked over your character. You need to tone down his "skills". They make no sense to the character you're writing about.
Okay I cut out the Physics degree.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Deep's right.
As usual, no he's not.
Stargate Wiki wrote: "Goa'uld"
Two species which cannot be taken as hosts are the Ilempiri and Jaffa.(SG1: "Deadman Switch", "The First Ones")
"The First Ones"
The next morning, Teal'c has discovered that the waters are teeming with Goa'uld, and he asks the rest of the team to relinquish their weapons, knowing that any of them could have become a Goa'uld during the night. Since Teal'c, being a Jaffa, is the only one who could not possibly have been taken as a host, Colonel O'Neill agrees...
And since Deep likes to say I make up my facts:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/76392/stargat ... pisode,1,0
29:45 into it or so Sam says, "Symbiotes can't blend with a Jaffa."

Anyway, like the bearded military man character, I don't have a problem with it.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hmmm..curious. Meh, Doesn't bother me. I'm sure I'e seen a Jaffa be taken as a host somewhere, but it doesnt bother me at all :)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Monroe, I just looked over your character. You need to tone down his "skills". They make no sense to the character you're writing about.
Okay I cut out the Physics degree.
You should get rid of the special forces tags all together. They don't mesh with the "inexperienced youth".
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:As usual, no he's not.
Still the grumpy puppy.
And since Deep likes to say I make up my facts:
Hey, its not my fault you normally do. However in this case we have a Jaffa with a Goa'uld already inside. There can't be two in one. However, the first leader of the Free Jaffa was a Jaffa who had been taken over by a Goa'uld once he was no longer carrying in the pouch.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
Hey, its not my fault you normally do. However in this case we have a Jaffa with a Goa'uld already inside. There can't be two in one. However, the first leader of the Free Jaffa was a Jaffa who had been taken over by a Goa'uld once he was no longer carrying in the pouch.
No he wasn't. Keeping making your excuses and whining Deep.
When the Prior discovered this, he disregarded Gerak's objections and questioned the gall of Gerak for defying the Ori. When Gerak asked for forgiveness, the Prior transported his mind to the Ori capital, City of Celestis, while Gerak's physical form remained on Dakara. There, beside the fires of Celestis, the Doci of the Ori transformed Gerak into a Prior. Teal'c and Bra'tac, however, raised an army of Jaffa opposed to Origin, hoping to force Gerak to choose the life of thousands of Jaffa over the Ori. (SG1: "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1", "The Fourth Horseman,
Ori =/= Goa'uld. Someone needs to brush up on their Stargate.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:No he wasn't. Keeping making your excuses and whining Deep.
Ori =/= Goa'uld. Someone needs to brush up on their Stargate.
You're thinking the Jaffa Nation, not the Free Jaffa. Two different groups. As it stands the only person complaining is you. If you're just looking to upset the RP then you shouldn't join.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
You're thinking the Jaffa Nation, not the Free Jaffa.
Actually they're one in the same. http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Jaffa

That said I do know who you're referring to now.
Stargate Wiki K'tano wrote: K'tano was the First Prime of the minor Goa'uld Imhotep, though he was not a Jaffa.
Keep telling yourself that.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:Actually they're one in the same. http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Jaffa

No, they're not. The Jaffa Nation was a joining of rebel Jaffa movements. The Free Jaffa were the first Jaffa rebels. The wiki is wrong.
Monroe wrote:Keep telling yourself that.
Until there is something that over rules it. That's exactly what I'll be doing.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:
Monroe wrote:Actually they're one in the same. http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Jaffa

No, they're not. The Jaffa Nation was a joining of rebel Jaffa movements. The Free Jaffa were the first Jaffa rebels. The wiki is wrong.
The Jaffa nation evolved from the Free Jaffa to become the Free Jaffa Nation. I guess I can't argue with someone who says the only source we have, besides rewatching shows, is wrong.
Until there is something that over rules it. That's exactly what I'll be doing.
Uh did you see the video I posted? You might be referring to the Free Jaffa nation but my remark was in response to your statement about there being Jaffa with Goa'ulds in them. I do love it how you just magically forget about arguing once you're proven wrong. No 'my bad' or anything. Just denial and flames.

-Remain Star Trek-