New RP ideas

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: New RP ideas

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm definately in
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm in!

Oh and, with regards to ENT, I would scrub it to. In all honesty, I dont know that with school work i can keep up managing an RP, participating maybe but not administrating one.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Want to see if somebody would like to "adopt" it from you first? Maybe Staplic, Stitch, or Nick, since I'll be managing both this one and Daystrom till its complete?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Question: If someone had seen only the SG movie and none of the series, how lost would this hypothetical someone be if he attempted to join in?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not massively, you'd have a good understanding of the Goa'uld. You would however miss out on the Replicators, Asgard, Wraith, Ori...yeah, you missed a fair bit.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Lighthawk wrote:Question: If someone had seen only the SG movie and none of the series, how lost would this hypothetical someone be if he attempted to join in?
for what the mission is looking to be, you'd be okay with that...someone (I'll volunteer) can give you a crash course on the important points from the series so you wont be that lost.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Worse comes to worse, you can catch up on Hulu :wink:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

How does everybody feel with my general premise so far? A Goa'uld faction escaped the general fall and fled to the Andromida Galaxy. The Atlantis expidition found the address to an Andromida gate, and we're setting up another SG command. That'll give us the freedom to act and a whole galaxy to open up.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sounds like a plan to me. Do we each have our own team or are we all just one character each?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I think we should do it each with our own character....have one primary and then we can make up secondaries to cover positions...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What I'm thinking is this. First, everybody who wants to be TEAM leader, PM me. I'll draw names or something. Once the team leader is selected, it'll be easier to chose and develop characters. Since it was stated many many times, there is no set rule about how many members of the team there are, the off world team (or teams) shouldn't be a problem.

Then we'll all have one supporting character who will mainly stay put. Of course the overall base commander with be an NPC which I'll create.

How's that work?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sounds good. Leaves us room to expand later if we wanted as well. I like it!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:How does everybody feel with my general premise so far? A Goa'uld faction escaped the general fall and fled to the Andromida Galaxy. The Atlantis expidition found the address to an Andromida gate, and we're setting up another SG command. That'll give us the freedom to act and a whole galaxy to open up.
I like it. How many of us are in?
Reliant121 wrote:I'm in!

Oh and, with regards to ENT, I would scrub it to. In all honesty, I dont know that with school work i can keep up managing an RP, participating maybe but not administrating one.
Mark wrote:Want to see if somebody would like to "adopt" it from you first? Maybe Staplic, Stitch, or Nick, since I'll be managing both this one and Daystrom till its complete?
If you'd like, I'd be willing to adopt it. I feel like I helped in some small way shepard it into existence, I'd like to see it continue, or at least come to a cohesive story ending rather than fall apart and die.
Mark wrote:What I'm thinking is this. First, everybody who wants to be TEAM leader, PM me. I'll draw names or something. Once the team leader is selected, it'll be easier to chose and develop characters. Since it was stated many many times, there is no set rule about how many members of the team there are, the off world team (or teams) shouldn't be a problem.

Then we'll all have one supporting character who will mainly stay put. Of course the overall base commander with be an NPC which I'll create.

How's that work?
STOP REPLYING WHEN I'M TRYING TO POST!! :lol: Where should my request to be the Daniel Jackson style nerd go?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think we'll want to borrow a couple of Atlantis' puddle jumpers to keep our options open. Do we want a ship at our disposal?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'd like to see a 304 powered by one of todd's zpm's at our disposal