Find the Skinjob Discussion

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Find the Skinjob Discussion

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:The ship we're in is basically a runabout-sized craft.

Though if we're retconning it up a few sizes I'd suggest something along the lines of a heavily modded military version of the Gemenon Traveller. It's not too big (only a few times the length of a Raptor) and the fact that we have deck plans for it could help our less nBSG savvy players.
I like it. Maybe not as deep tho, perhaps squash everything up one level?

Also, I figured out how I'd like to conduct the new wrinkle I have for the game: At the expense of attacking someone, the Cylon can choose to either establish a location beacon OR sabotage the engine repair process. The scientist can, at the expense of testing someone, attempt to shut off the beacon. A random dice role will decide the success. If the beacon is left for 48hrs (or two "nights") the game is lost as the Cylons will find you and rain destruction down. The Colonials still would like to kill the Cylon, and victory is when the cylon is killed.

Thoughts, do we like this or no?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok...what if the engines are repaired and the cylon NOT identified? (btw.....you may want to edit to a different color font)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Would the Colonials be informed that there was a beacon of some sort on the ship?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Ok...what if the engines are repaired and the cylon NOT identified? (btw.....you may want to edit to a different color font)
What, I can't steal ModGreen? :lol:

If the engines are repaired, the game continues into space, unless you simultaneously repair the engines AND discover a cylon in which case you can vote to leave someone on the planet. Whether the engines are repaired or not is up to the gameplay, that will not be an executive decision on my part. If the players agree the engines are in fact repaired, I'll work it into that "nights" post.
Sionnach Glic wrote:Would the Colonials be informed that there was a beacon of some sort on the ship?
Yes via some sort of technical voodoo plot magic writers fiat, someone somewhere will notice either a blinking light/computer screen or a previously unactivated control board or something.

Under these conditions does this seem workable?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The only problem with someone noticing the beacon... it would be a red flag that that person wasn't a Cylon. You would need to word it very carefully.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

stitch626 wrote:The only problem with someone noticing the beacon... it would be a red flag that that person wasn't a Cylon. You would need to word it very carefully.
Well, I could just word it in the post that a panel was left blinking and leave it to whomever to mention?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
stitch626 wrote:The only problem with someone noticing the beacon... it would be a red flag that that person wasn't a Cylon. You would need to word it very carefully.
Well, I could just word it in the post that a panel was left blinking and leave it to whomever to mention?
That would work.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Guys, I think it's worth pointing out that at this point in the Second Cylon War no one knew that Cylons could take human form. Expect mockery from my character for making such a "ludicrous" claim. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

To add to my previous post, people in the nBSGverse at this point thought that the Cylons looked like this.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oops, I didn't realize that.

Well, we could always chalk this up to over active imaginations and mild panic.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Night will be 1000hrs US EST -- because I hope to be awake at that time and I want to give you all time to wrap up your discussion and someone propose "it's gettind dark out, maybe we should.."

Special Characters, get me your choices tomorrow or Sunday at the latest bitte.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So, place your bets on who's gonna die.

I'm betting it's me. I always get killed off in round 1 for some reason in these games.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

you do seem to be a prime target....
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Sionnach Glic wrote:So, place your bets on who's gonna die.

I'm betting it's me. I always get killed off in round 1 for some reason in these games.
Its either you or me. We kinda match in lack of survivability.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well, I'd like to thank the special characters for their quick reply. In deference to the possibility of Mark not having internet this weekend, I will have nighttime post up Sunday night or Monday