Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Post by Aaron »

1639 Day One:

+++I shall bring what I have access to on board with me Mr. Trask. I will be happy to discuss it on the trip.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1639 Day One:

"What happened to the freighter?" Haxta asked. "Surely someone made inquires with the Amaranthine Syndicate. Do they not keep track of their ships?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1639 Day One:

+++The Syndicate is not a company. It is just a loose association of traders, void-clans, outpost merchants and the usual trash that follow them. They offer each other support but there is no direction like a proper corporation or the Navy. They are more like a workers union.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1639 Day One:

"Ah," Haxta said. "Let me guess, everyone just claims ignorance? Do we know anything about this ship other than it's previous port?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1639 Day One:

Arl nods and adjusts the holo controls, the ship dissolving and a shipping manifest takes it's place. +++Mostly vegetables and meat in stasis, some dry goods a small shipment of Promethium. Unfortunately while ships are required to log their cargo, destination and route with starcraft control, this one slipped through with just a manifest. Nor was she subject to inspection.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1639 Day One:

"How did that happen? Who was in charge of starcraft control when it arrived, and has the person in question been questioned about it?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1639 Day One:

+++Unknown. The Port Director claims a simple oversight by an operator. You should note though that Spectoris sees heavy traffic and it is simply not possible to inspect every vessel that calls there. Should someone found to be deliberately obscuring our investigation however, the full wrath of the Holy Ordos shall fall upon them.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1639 Day One:

"An oversight, how conveniant," Haxta remarked sarcastically.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1640 Day One:

+++Indeed, Priestess Haxta, indeed.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1640 Day One:

"Do we have anyone looking for the ship, or are do we merely have a general alert put out for the navy to keep its eyes open?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1640 Day One:

+++There is a general bulletin out for the Navy to stop and board her if spotted. The Dominar battlegroup is known to be in the area, with luck she may pick them up.+++
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1640 Day One:

Haxta nodded, the ends of her mechadendrites dipping in immitation. "Thank you, that answers all my questions, save one. When do we leave?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1640 Day One:

+++1900 today. I see no reason to delay. One final thing, you are in charge of this operation. I will be along for guidance and firepower but the Inquisitor has made it clear that he wishes to see just how you handle the extra responsibility as much as he wishes to see if this is a meaningful threat or not. Take these as well.+++

Arl places a small stack of Rosettes on the table, one for each party member.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia reached across and plucked up a rosette. "Do we know the name of the freighter that we believe was involved?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1640, Day One

Trask reached over and pocketed one of the rosettes. "Or, perhaps, the time frame for the voyage that supposedly brought the Slaugth to Iocanthos?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer