Vor'cha Versus Lakota

Deep Space Nine
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Vor'cha Versus Lakota

Post by Deepcrush »

My number one trick was the 8 shot burst of QTs slamming into the Vor'cha hull. Since Defiant traded shots for several minutes before taking down the Lakota's shields. The Lakota needs to last only long enough to get that first volley off. Then its game over. If the QTs weren't there, then I'd give it to the Vor'cha. But, since the Lakota does have QTs... its a gimme...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I agree. It seems to me that with the quantum torpedoes, the battle will go the way for the Lakota. Without it, it could be close but I think the Vorcha would win.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lets face it., the Vor'cha has nothing to counter balance the QTLs the Lakota is bringing to the fight.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

A better versus might be against a Dominion battlecruiser.

During Redeption, does anyone remember how many BoPs and what type attacked the Bortas (Gowron's ship)? Just wanted a comparison between her and the Enterprise-D. That's all.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Three. BoPs IIRC.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Same as the ones against the Enterprise-D in Yesterday's Enterprise? Didn't the Vorcha destroy two?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, we saw them destroy one. One seemed to have left. The other one ran when Kurn showed up.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It has the cloak. It can hit and run, and stay out of Lakota's torp firing arc.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sure, its possible that the Vor'cha could drop cloak and recloak before the ready fire QTLs on the Lakota's forward and aft could lock on and fire and maybe even fire a shot against the Lakota's shields which are equal to that of the Defiant's...

Of course, all of those things would have to repeat several times over to take out the Lakota's shields to even begin working on the hull.

Where as a single volley from the Lakota's QTLs would take out the Vor'cha. The whole battle is just too badly stacked against the Vor'cha.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

All you need a good captain for the Vorcha.

I think the Vorcha would stay in the fight a little longer than a single volley of quantum torpedoes. I mean even though the Defiant took down a Keldon class ship with i think was four torpedoes, doesn't mean that it would happen to the Vorcha.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

But if the Lakota gets just one QT off during the 3-6 second interim between uncloaked and fully cloaked, thats a motherf***ing huge hole you got in the Vorcha.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That is true. But it would depend on how good the captain is on the Vorcha and the Lakota.

It would have been nice to see a bunch of Lakotas instead of the standard Excelsiors in the fleet actions. Imagine all those Excelsiors we saw, but as powerful as a Galaxy class or Defiant. Definitely would have given the Dominion more trouble.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

McAvoy wrote:That is true. But it would depend on how good the captain is on the Vorcha and the Lakota.
Not so much the captain but the tactical officer. As reliant said, a single QT hit means that the Vor'cha is visible with a big hole in it. You're basic plan for the Vor'cha is to fight an entire battle without taking a single hit from the enemy. What are the odds of that, other then not good???
McAvoy wrote:It would have been nice to see a bunch of Lakotas instead of the standard Excelsiors in the fleet actions. Imagine all those Excelsiors we saw, but as powerful as a Galaxy class or Defiant. Definitely would have given the Dominion more trouble.
I've proposed this several times in the past. :Drool1:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Not so much the captain but the tactical officer. As reliant said, a single QT hit means that the Vor'cha is visible with a big hole in it. You're basic plan for the Vor'cha is to fight an entire battle without taking a single hit from the enemy. What are the odds of that, other then not good???
No, but when was the last time you seen a qunatum torpedo do such damage to the enemy aside from Dominion attack ships? Against the larger ships like the Keldon class, all we have seen is that they can disable or cripple the ship. That's from a volley of four torpedoes. The Vorcha is either as powerful or better than a Keldon class. A Vorcha may have better chance than the Keldon but not by much.

I am not saying that the Vorcha will win, but a slim chance 1 out of 10 times, a Vorcha might get lucky with a good crew on board.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

4 Quantum Torpedoes were enough to rip apart, an admittedly unshielded, sphere. We've seen unshielded cubes survive fleets, let alone the firepower of a single excelsior. I think a sphere could easily survive an Excelsior unshielded. Quantums? different ball park altogether.