40k roleplay comments

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: 40k roleplay

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Reliant:
As with everything else in the Imperium of Man, priests come in all forms. You can be a chainsaw-wielding fanatic ready to burn the heretics in the cleansing fire of your flame-thrower, or you can be a kind and cynical old man.
Also, the exact forms of worship vary from place to place. Some forms of the Imperial Cult (the official religion of the Imperium) are similar to Christianity, with the God-Emperor being the saviour of mankind. Others have the Emperor as merely the head god of a large pantheon (like Zeus was the head of the Greek gods). Varying forms of worship are tolerated, provided that the God-Emperor is acknowledged to be divine, and the most powerful god.

Mark:
It's fairly common for Inquisitors to hire people of a more unsavory nature, such as mercenaries, hackers, gang members, etc. As long as you're useful to the Inquisitor there should be no problem (these are the guys who wipe out whole planets without a second thought, whether someone they find useful has a criminal past is something they probably care little about).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hmm.....I'm thinking assassin or psyker would be interesting to play.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Mikey wrote:Many members of the Ecclesiarchy, as it's called, are rather worldly - think 16th century Catholic priests who owned land, brothels, etc.
Ah i see.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not all of them. Ayatani Zweil just sorta wandered around the place, helping anyone who could use a hand ("This holy shrine won't repair itself!").
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cardinal Recoba was a good man at heart, but ended up taking over the secular government of Volcanis Ultor ina de facto manner.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

My biggest problem is trying to write consistantly within the universe. It's an unfamiliar setting, and I don't know the environment, or capabilities of the characters. I'll read some more; at the very least, it'll be a fun excercise.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Take a look through the Lexicanum, which I linked to at the start of the thread. That should give you plenty of info on the universe itself. You can also find plenty of info on character types there, too.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It'd be a lot easier if I could check out a few of the books, but I wasn't exaggerating when I said my library lost it's roof...

I'll see what I can come up with. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If you go to the Lexicanum, click on "categories" on the left-side nav; it will take you to links for all the different organizations, etc.; then each page will give you links to details, like associated gear, lists of associated types of individuals, etc.

@ Reliant - I really like the innovation, and the idea of having a psychic "blank" on a mission of this nature; and it would be fun to have a normally quiet organization like the Adeptus Astra Telepathica involved. However, for practical purposes, Sisters of Silence all take vows of silence, and can't communicate telepathically with a psyker because they're blanks.

*EDIT* Here's a quick link for GW's UK site; it's a little convoluted, and mostly meant for the tabletop game; but if you click on each listing under "ARMIES" on the left side, each following page will have an embedded link called "Who are the..." It's a nice little blurb on each one for philosophy, VERY brief history, etc.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I was thinking that it would be a novice of the sisters, as they are still permitted to communicate via speech.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:I was thinking that it would be a novice of the sisters, as they are still permitted to communicate via speech.
Already one step ahead of me, of course. I should never have doubted you. :D
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Would a Culexus Temple be acceptable? Or, should I pick something else?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It's OK by me - members of the Officio Assassinorum are often attached to inquisitorial missions or retinues... and if there is the chance that the mission will end up against unsacntioned psykers, a Culexus would be the logical weapon.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:It's OK by me - members of the Officio Assassinorum are often attached to inquisitorial missions or retinues... and if there is the chance that the mission will end up against unsacntioned psykers, a Culexus would be the logical weapon.
That was my thought. :)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Mikey wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:I was thinking that it would be a novice of the sisters, as they are still permitted to communicate via speech.
Already one step ahead of me, of course. I should never have doubted you. :D
This could be the way that she earns her full acceptance into the Sistership.