If Enterprise kept running.......

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: If Enterprise kept running.......

Post by Teaos »

As much as I like and respect Manny Coto I doubt I could have ever liked ENT, i may have been able to enjoy a few individual episodes but thats it.

The whole idea of the show didnt sit well with me, and everytime I saw the damn Akiraprise I got annoyed.

Unless Coto had retconned all of ENT and started afresh I highly doubt it would have been anything but "meh"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:Very true. Unfortunately, thanks to B&B, Coto started out in a very deep hole in terms of bringing the overall series' quality to any decent level.
It sucks because TNG and DSN also had their share of bad crap in the beginning. And even VOY got a full seven years! :wtf:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

But didn't the actors in Enterprise have shorter contracts than the TNG crew? I KNOW they origianally had 6 year contracts, and they all extended for the 7th season.

But I wonder about Enterprise.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

thelordharry wrote:Did you ever get any feedback from the petition you created? Obviously, nothing changed but did you ever get any sort of acknowledgement?
I didn't create the petition, I just signed it and urged others to.

In general online petitions are utterly worthless. But I saw that ship and just freaked.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Wehn I saw the ship I thought they had changed the plan for a prequil, I figured we were getting another TNG era show.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I still like the ship and see nothing wrong with it. *Shrug* It's the basic distillation of the Starfleet design into the simplest form. A saucer and nacelles stuck onto it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Do you honestly not think the tech in it is to advanced? And remember dispite the writters being retards, this was not supposed to be starfleet, it was EARTHS exploration and military wing.

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The ship actually kind of makes sense to me. As Earth develops bigger and more powerful engines, the "saucer" just doesn't have room, hence the creation of the "secondary hull". Eventually, they begin to shrink the tech like we do with modern computers, until we COULD get along without a secondary hull for certain smaller engines, but for the big and powerful ones needed for a deep space explorer, there is still the secondary hull.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

No, I don't. No phasers, grapplers instead of tractor beams. No sheids, limited transporters... Like I've said ad infinitum, it's the simplest design you can make and still have it be recognizable.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:No, I don't. No phasers,
It did have phasers. :roll:
grapplers instead of tractor beams.
I'll give you that one.
No sheids,
It had differently-named shields, too.
limited transporters...
It shouldn't have had transporters at all.

And simple or not, the design should have bee a precursor to the designs that had already, in canon, been established as its successors.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What the hell is polerizing the hull plating supposed to do, anyway? Your just feeding the hull an electrical charge. How does that protect a ship?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

What designs? And no, no phasers. Phase cannons, not phasers.

Why no transporters? Again, where stated in canon?

Only design I know of is the quasi-canon treatment for the Daedalous(sp)-class that was a model on Siski's desk, named such in the encyclopedia but never named so in canon.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:What the hell is polerizing the hull plating supposed to do, anyway? Your just feeding the hull an electrical charge. How does that protect a ship?
We've had that talk. I think it came down to the hull material being able to stiffen under a charge, or something like that. I was under the impression that "polarize" meant to block certain axes of vibration, like polarizing light; but it appears I was mistaken.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And no, no phasers. Phase cannons, not phasers.
Yep. Phasers which were re-named as un-subtly as possible to at least keep up the appearance of a prequel=phase cannon.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Why no transporters? Again, where stated in canon?
Judging by the relatively common fear of transporters shown by even some seasoned Starfleet personnel in Teaos, they should have been at best in development in ENT.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Only design I know of is the quasi-canon treatment for the Daedalous(sp)-class that was a model on Siski's desk, named such in the encyclopedia but never named so in canon.
It doesn't matter what the name of that ship was. And believe me, that is far from the only ship design that has chronologically come after the NX-class in all of Star Trek. There was a pretty commonly-seen ship in TOS, for example, called the Constitution-class, and then there were some later designs in the movies and later franchises...
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

And the NX looks ahell of a lot more primitive than those ones. No real secondary hull, smaller, more crowded...

Still not phasers.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The secondary hull was something which canon had already established as being diminished and dispensed with as the result of advancement, not of primitiveness.

And they are only called "phase cannon" because even B&B couldn't bring themselves to call their pre-phaser phasers what they actually were.
as Bull offed Custer