What did we like

Enterprise
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What did we like

Post by Graham Kennedy »

*Pulse* phase cannon, really? I don't recall that...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

GrahamKennedy wrote:*Pulse* phase cannon, really? I don't recall that...
Episode name was "Home" On the bridge of Columbia, Archer is talking with Hernandez and she's bragging to him about the upgrades to her weapons systems. Upgrades included pulse phaser cannons as well as dorsal and ventral torpedo tubes.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Mark - I believe the Akira had side firing torpedoes.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The chrome, you can never have enough.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Teaos wrote:Mark - I believe the Akira had side firing torpedoes.
That's one step in the right direction.

Now we just need top and bottom firing topedos as well. Full range of fire.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A ship might not to thick enough to support that. Well that and the fact lots of decks will have a giant hole in them for it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

How much space does a torpedo tube and launcher take? If an NX class starship (Columbia) could be equipped with them, then why not a Nebula, Galaxy, Akira, or Soverign? The larger ships strike me as having enough internal space to support 24th century missle weapons, wouldn't you think?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:How much space does a torpedo tube and launcher take? If an NX class starship (Columbia) could be equipped with them, then why not a Nebula, Galaxy, Akira, or Soverign? The larger ships strike me as having enough internal space to support 24th century missle weapons, wouldn't you think?

The E-Refit launcher took up a good two decks for just the launcher and loader, magazine space is unknown. The ships have th espace, no doubt about it but wouldn't it be a better idea to just put a torpedo turret on the top and bottom and be done with it?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Mark wrote:How much space does a torpedo tube and launcher take? If an NX class starship (Columbia) could be equipped with them, then why not a Nebula, Galaxy, Akira, or Soverign? The larger ships strike me as having enough internal space to support 24th century missle weapons, wouldn't you think?

The E-Refit launcher took up a good two decks for just the launcher and loader, magazine space is unknown. The ships have th espace, no doubt about it but wouldn't it be a better idea to just put a torpedo turret on the top and bottom and be done with it?

Or swivel turrets like on DS9 on the rim of the saucer. That would give a good field of fire. Good idea, that possiblility went right over my head :)
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote: Or swivel turrets like on DS9 on the rim of the saucer. That would give a good field of fire. Good idea, that possiblility went right over my head :)
I was thinking of something like the E-E, I don't remember what the ones on DS9 where like.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Enterprise. i liked it even if you lot didnt.

Ship - While it did look a little too advanced, i think it showed how the common lineage slowly developed over time, slowly building up to the Two tubes, a saucepan and a coke can stuck together that we now know as the standard design. Plus the inside looks bulky, machined, simple and effective just as an early ship should, not the smooth panels of TOS or the almost leather like panelling on ships of TNG.

Main characters - I think some of the main characters were very good. mayweather was pointless but T'Pol, Tucker, Archer and Phlox were all fantastic characters with good plotlines that played their parts well, Phlox particularly.

Later Story arcs - With the Xindi, MU, Kir'Shara and the Romulan drone arcs, the later series had very diverse and well put together plotlines, a definate plus for the show.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

mayweather was pointless but T'Pol, Tucker, Archer and Phlox were all fantastic characters with good plotlines that played their parts well, Phlox particularly.
Seriously?
Archer was inconsistant as hell, Phlox was a mass-murdering ass, Tucker was a hick, and T'Pol was just there to provide large breasts.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:T'Pol was just there to provide large breasts.
Which, to play devil's advocate, I must point out that she accomplished very well.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Rochey wrote:
mayweather was pointless but T'Pol, Tucker, Archer and Phlox were all fantastic characters with good plotlines that played their parts well, Phlox particularly.
Seriously?
Archer was inconsistant as hell, Phlox was a mass-murdering ass, Tucker was a hick, and T'Pol was just there to provide large breasts.
Hey now, let's not move to a place where we criticise the large breasted woman. :)

Actually I thought Enterprise almost repeated Voyager's success with Jolene. In Jeri Ryan Voyager hired a big breasted babe, and accidentally got one whose acting made the rest of the cast look amateurish in comparison (apart from Robert Picardo). Jolene wasn't near that standard, but I thought she did do a pretty good job with T'Pol.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've nothing against the actors, it's the characters I have a problem with.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"