Voyager What if...?

Voyager
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Voyager What if...?

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:You think a GCS could last 180 years in the DQ/BQ?
No, I expect it to go kablooy in short order. I'm just saying that it's not without precedent for a ship to last that long, if she avoids the garbage of the week that plagued Voyager than she might make it back. But realistically the crew would just settle somewhere.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True, but don't Klingon vessels have an abnormaly long hull life, anyway? While it may give some indication that it's possible for a GCS to survive as long, there's no real indication either way.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:True, but don't Klingon vessels have an abnormaly long hull life, anyway? While it may give some indication that it's possible for a GCS to survive as long, there's no real indication either way.
I think that's really the only indication of Klingon hull life. Yes they've had a design in ENT last into the TNG era but that doesn't mean that the TNG ships where built in ENT.

Miranda's and Excelsiors have been in use a long time though, whether they are new build or TOS era builds is unknown to me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Again, no Galaxy-class bashing, please.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, you're the one who turned it into a discussion of the GCS's flaws.
Besides, the thread's run its natural life now. We've discussed how a GCS would fare in an Intrepid's place, and reached our conclusions.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:Again, no Galaxy-class bashing, please.
You substitute a Galaxy for the premise of VOY. What did you expect? If you had swapped Voayager into TNG the same thing would have happened.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, so what about a Galaxy without the major and pointless flaws?
If it encountered the same speed boosts, I could see the trip being much more comfertable. It would do better in many of the hostile encounters.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Ok if it some how didnt have and WC problems ect...

Most of the enemy ships they came across apart from the Borg were around Voyagers power level, thus the GCS would do quite a bit better. I doubt the Kazon would have the balls to take them on.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Ok if it some how didnt have and WC problems ect...

Most of the enemy ships they came across apart from the Borg were around Voyagers power level, thus the GCS would do quite a bit better. I doubt the Kazon would have the balls to take them on.
It's not balls, it's the bags of rocks they used for brains. They'd try, but a GCS would open up an economy-size can of whup-a** on the Kazon.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Before I can intelligently respond to this question, I must have 2 answered first.

#1 Is it the crew of Voyager on the GCS ship?

#2 Are there civilians on board?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'd guess yes to both of them. If its not the same crew the question becomes to vague. And GCS always have civillians on board.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Teaos wrote:I'd guess yes to both of them. If its not the same crew the question becomes to vague. And GCS always have civillians on board.
Cept for the Odyssey and the Battleship-class Galaxy's for the Dominion War.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd agree with you on the War GCSs, but how do you know the Odysey didn't have any aboard? It was no different than any other GCS.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Rochey wrote:I'd agree with you on the War GCSs, but how do you know the Odysey didn't have any aboard? It was no different than any other GCS.
Since it went into the Gamma Quadrant. On the site and Memory-Alpha, it was said thath te Odyssey left all it's civilians on Deep Space Nine before departing.