Mirror Voyager

Voyager
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

I really really hated what DS9 did to the Mirror Universe. I'll go into it another time, but jesus, what a waste.

Even from a Mirror standard I don't think the Terran Warship Voyager would look so damn ugly. The amount of guns haphazardly places around the hull are just an eyesore. A proper Terran Warship would have yellow paint and the Sword of War everywhere. =D
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, DS9 could have done it better. And yes we need more of that Sword symbol!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
CluckyB
Petty officer third class

Post by CluckyB »

How could there even be a mirror Voyager? Its my understanding that the Marquis do not exist in the Mirror universe. The DS9 Mirror Universe was so bad it nuked any chances of a Mirror Voyager. XD

But yeah, a Mirror Voyager would be pretty cool. Kes would have remained on the ship, using her heightened powers for her own good. The ship would be run on a Maquis policy, no Federation and would have probably made alot of enemies in its path. The Mirror Voyager have, knowing they couldn't survive making enemies with everyone; use the array for their personal goals to establish a large presence, and then from there started dominating over the other races. It could have been really awesome. Too bad we never got to see what it actually was. *cough* thanks DS9 *cough*
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

have you ever read the TNG novel Dark Mirror?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A well done Mirror Voyager would be epic win. The would conquer the Delta quadrant!!!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Les

Post by Les »

There was this one bit of fanfic I stumbled over wherein the mirrorverse Terran Empire never did fall, in fact they constructed 'Monitor' class starships the size of some small starbases and eradicated the Borg by firing Genesis Torpedos into the Unimatrix.

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthrea ... itor+spock

As for the 'Mirror Voyager', what gets me are the torpedo mounts. The increase in phaser firepower dosn't seem so bad compared to what it was before but there's almost ten times as many torpedo launchers on the 'Warship' Voyager than on the Starship Voyager. In fact I've noticed in the later seasons that alot of Delta Quadrant ships seem to rely very heavily if not exclusively on torpedo-type armaments, the Krenim and Malon for example.
CaptainQuantum
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by CaptainQuantum »

A Mirror Voyager episode would have been cool for all sorts of reasons.

Given how the Kazon were so easily led by Seska, I'm sure they would've been sitting ducks for a mirror Janeway to divide and conquer.

Of course a mirror Janeway would probably have never destroyed the Caretaker array over a matter of principle, so the writers would have needed another explanation for them being stranded in the Delta Quandrant - perhaps they just lost patience with the Caretaker and nuked him before realising that he was their ticket home.

And a mirror Borg is an interesting proposition as well. Perhaps a mirror Federation would have tried to capture and take control of drones rather than just destroying them - sort of like a twisted version of Seven's liberation.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

A mirror voyager would've been cool. Although our universe's Janeway was pretty dark at times. Would mirror Janeway be kinder then?

As for the complainant that DS9 ruined it isn't totally true. Okay, the Empirer's New Cloak kind of did. In a way I think Kirk broke the mirror. Rather then being an exact reflection, it's more like a fun house mirror. The humans are the weakest power instead of the strongest, and the Klingons are allied with the Cardassians rather then waging war. But with Sisko's help the humans will be able to set things right again. They already have a mirror Defiant, the Empire's flagship and Terrok Nor. If a mirror Chakotay or Janeway did get sent to the Delta Quadrent they'll bring back powerful new technology and use it to fix the mirror universe.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah the writers for DS9 couldnt grasp the mirror consept very well.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Teaos wrote:Yeah the writers for DS9 couldnt grasp the mirror consept very well.
Maybe it should be renamed the broken mirror universe or the funhouse mirror universe.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Anyone else find it odd that what is usually considered peoples favourite series did a crap job of the Mirror universe while the series that shall not be named did a good job at it.

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos wrote:Anyone else find it odd that what is usually considered peoples favourite series did a crap job of the Mirror universe while the series that shall not be named did a good job at it.
You mean... Enterprise? ;)

I'm not sure I find it odd, per se, but it does suck how badly mangled the DSN Mirrorverse was. I want my ISS Enterprise and Picard with a goatee, this time! ANd Data as a Terminator, too.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Stupid double post...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I just rationalise DS9s' version by saying its a different universe. I mean, there has to be more than one.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:I just rationalise DS9s' version by saying its a different universe. I mean, there has to be more than one.
Like a shadow universe? Makes sense. Or like that one episode where Worf shifted through quantum universes. Maybe one of those Enterprises were from a mirror universe.