What if 2

Voyager
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What if 2

Post by JudgeKing »

Were Enterprise seasons 1 and 2 Star trek?
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Technicaly, it doesn't have "Star Trek" in the name. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Rochey wrote:Don't forget the whole idea of multi-purpose ships.

So, here's the list as of now:
8472's intentions.
Civillians on ships: good idea or bad?
MVAM: useful or waste of space?
Borg KE shields.
Starfleet: soldiers or scientists?
Jack-of-all-trades ships.

Hey, are you guys serious? There are forbidden topics around here?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Not "forbidden", per se, only things we've tried to discuss that always end up going around in circles. I don't have any problem re-debating them; this time I've already got my argument prepared. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Let's pretend they're forbidden. Just now, one of them got one person warned and another suspended. After enough inconclusive debating, things get personal and then turn into flaming. Let sleeping targs lie.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, targs arn't nice when their happy, hate to see one when its angry.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Let's pretend they're forbidden. Just now, one of them got one person warned and another suspended. After enough inconclusive debating, things get personal and then turn into flaming. Let sleeping targs lie.
That argument popped back up for all of maybe fifteen posts, and then the primary involved parties started tossing around insults; something that happens with regularity regarding certain people. The particular topic wasn't what spawned the problem; the people involved acting like f*cking assh*les is what caused it.

Seems to be a bit of that going around lately.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Not with me though. :mrgreen:
Honestly though, I was affected, and I tried to keep things under control. Well, we saw how that worked out. :|
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:Not with me though. :mrgreen:
Honestly though, I was affected, and I tried to keep things under control. Well, we saw how that worked out. :|
At least you tried. See my "The Insult Thread" for my attempt. Fat lot of good it did.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Honestly, I think it sucks when things have to get to a personal level. Ruins the whole topic discussion for everybody. I love a good Trek debate, becuase it sparks new ideas and points of view I never would have considered before, and some of those topics are some of my favorite discussion points, but I don't want to start any trouble either.

No offense to the combatants
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I enjoyed your insult thread Tsu. It was a good idea. Maybe we should have an innuendo thread so that it doesn't clog all of the others... wait, bad idea.Image
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:I enjoyed your insult thread Tsu. It was a good idea. Maybe we should have an innuendo thread so that it doesn't clog all of the others... wait, bad idea.Image
I'm pretty sure I tried that one, too. :D
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Wait....maybe we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. We could call it the Batleth ring or something, and let folks duel with their wits till their hearts are content :takecover:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your free to debate them if you have omething you consider a new point and are willing to put up with us vets rehashing old points. Most of us can debate nicely. I would go look at the old topics though and see if you really do have something to add.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Not with me though. :mrgreen:
At least you tried. See my "The Insult Thread" for my attempt. Fat lot of good it did.
Well, that was because we TR-116'd the insult thread. :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer