Star Wars Sign-In

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Star Wars Sign-In

Post by Reliant121 »

I would post in a bio, but i dont really know where to go with it...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Still a little stuck - any resources as to what types of forces, and relative effectiveness, equipment, etc., that are available if SWGB? I'm not really familiar with the game, and I'd like to pick something that would be able to integrate the RP aspect, even if I'm not going to be overseeing any of the game-based battles.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:Still a little stuck - any resources as to what types of forces, and relative effectiveness, equipment, etc., that are available if SWGB? I'm not really familiar with the game, and I'd like to pick something that would be able to integrate the RP aspect, even if I'm not going to be overseeing any of the game-based battles.
Yeah. I'm debating if we should remodel the RP to do a Star Destroyer crew and make it less expansive. Would be easier for people to pick roles of the navigator or the Political Officer (which I really think the Empire needs) if the battle group is tiny.

Far as the game resources there's carbon, food, nova crystals, and ore. Everything is basically self explainatory except the nova crystals which is like precious gems. They take the place of gold on the Age II engine.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Monroe wrote:
Mikey wrote:Still a little stuck - any resources as to what types of forces, and relative effectiveness, equipment, etc., that are available if SWGB? I'm not really familiar with the game, and I'd like to pick something that would be able to integrate the RP aspect, even if I'm not going to be overseeing any of the game-based battles.
Yeah. I'm debating if we should remodel the RP to do a Star Destroyer crew and make it less expansive. Would be easier for people to pick roles of the navigator or the Political Officer (which I really think the Empire needs) if the battle group is tiny.

Far as the game resources there's carbon, food, nova crystals, and ore. Everything is basically self explainatory except the nova crystals which is like precious gems. They take the place of gold on the Age II engine.
I meant any online resources to tell more about what types of troops/units are used in the game. I wouldn't want to pick something that doesn't exist in the game, or something which would hinder the RP aspect of what we're doing.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Personaly, I think a ship-based RP would be simpler to do and easier for people to pick up. But it's your RP, so whatever you decide.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I believe doing it on a star destroyer or some such would be much easier.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If we are switching to a ship-based RP, then I'd like to lay claim to the role of Political Officer you mentioned in advance.
ImageImageImageImageImage
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

With or without command of a Regiment on top of that? :wink:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Umm... the Empire doesn't have bolt pistols, right?
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh, I suppose a blaster pistol will have to make do.
With or without command of a Regiment on top of that? :wink:
Nah, I'm good. I'll let you lot do all the important command stuff.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Sure let's switch to a Star Destroyer Command. I'll be in charge of the ground forces. I'll make the appropiate edits.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Actually I was looking through the posts and I really can't find anything that truely needs to be edited :P We'll just be seeing more ship combat than ground combat :P :)

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I assume this is your average ISD MKII we're commanding?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:I assume this is your average ISD MKII we're commanding?
Yep.

Broad SD specs: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Destroyer

Specific to the MKII: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial ... _Destroyer

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. Now we just need people to call their ranks and positions.