What being BRITISH is all about!!

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What being BRITISH is all about!!

Post by Captain Seafort »

Not at all - fish slapping

:lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Not at all - fish slapping

I thought the reference was to the "Fish-Schlapping Song" from Spamalot, which references Sweden, after which the narrator booms out, "I said ENGLAND!"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:Not at all - fish slapping

Man, I love that. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mikey - I recently invented what I call the "Donner Slap"

Here we have donner kebabs. If you're not sure from that, think Miami Subs - an Gyro. The strips of brown lamb meat with spices in them. Yum! Anyhow. I once got sick of my mate bitching and whining on this night out so when we went for a take-away, i bought a donnerkebab and had it smothered in mayonaise. I proceeded to remove one strip of lamb meat and slapped him across the face with it. Most. Humiliating. Thing. Ever.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

MetalHead wrote:Mikey - I recently invented what I call the "Donner Slap"

Here we have donner kebabs. If you're not sure from that, think Miami Subs - an Gyro. The strips of brown lamb meat with spices in them. Yum! Anyhow. I once got sick of my mate bitching and whining on this night out so when we went for a take-away, i bought a donnerkebab and had it smothered in mayonaise. I proceeded to remove one strip of lamb meat and slapped him across the face with it. Most. Humiliating. Thing. Ever.
Weird name - in the US, "Donner" usually refers to "the Donner Party," which was a 19th century pioneer group which got caught on a westward migration in a terrible winter and ended up being forced into cannibalism. We just call gyros "gyros."

That said, what you have described is one of the greatest things I have ever heard. Ever.
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mikey wrote:
MetalHead wrote:Mikey - I recently invented what I call the "Donner Slap"

Weird name - in the US, "Donner" usually refers to "the Donner Party," which was a 19th century pioneer group which got caught on a westward migration in a terrible winter and ended up being forced into cannibalism. We just call gyros "gyros."

That said, what you have described is one of the greatest things I have ever heard. Ever.

Ah well, it was pretty damn funny, shame no one filmed it. Turkish "Donner Kebab" translates literally as "rotating meat". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_kebab

hahaha.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

America-Britain locked and loaded.

Seriously though we're a lot like the origional post except that it doens't seem odd to us as we're supposed to be a melting pot country.

Though as of late we've turned down the heat on the new arrivals and some now call the country more of a "tossed salad" in that the bits are mixed but still distinct as opposed to something melted together.

On that note tossing a salad means something else over here as well. Um. I'll leave it at that. You have the interwubs if you want to find out more on that.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

The only time i see a serious melting pot as it were is in major cities. Even then, in Manchester its not to bad, even better in liverpool! (no offense but can you imagine having to learn english as a second language from the scouse?! geez. I love them, but wow.) London is horrendeous. Its not just a melting pot, you feel like a forigener in your own country (again, not intending to be rude, just trying to get the point across.)

Booze and Strippers!
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Actually I think you British are having an even worse time with birthrates than we are in the US. Meaning you have to cover the difference with immegrants.

I'm given to understand there will be more practicing Muslims than Christains in Britain within a fairly short span of time. And it isn't due to Londoners converting to Islam.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Don't feel bad, MetalHead - there are many parts over here where you'd need to know Latino Spanish in order to get by on the street.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I have to say, the whole way the country is going with Immigrants and ethnicities now OUTNUMBERING the native population is really really annoying. Soon it will end up like America, where there is not true American. Nothing that can be recognised as truelly american. Britain still carries its identity, but soon it wont. Dont get me wrong, i have no problems with immigrants and ethnic minorities. But thats what they should be. Ethnic Minorities. The fact that native british people are now the minority is whats really annoying.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Just to play devil's advocate: what do you define as "truly" British? Pictish? Gallic? Celtic? The Angles and the Saxons were immigrants, as were the Normans.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

A true britishman technically would be celtic. But I personally see the conquering races as true because they did that. They captured and purged the country almost. Making it their own.-+
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

By that logic, Arturius and Hadrian would be "true" Brits.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Personally i dont see any problem with that. I mean really its probably quite difficult to be a real brit. I'm not i know that much.

Ignore my rant. I dont know what i'm talking about.