Favourite ship?

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Favourite ship?

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That would've been nice. Maybe occasionally, have them run into people without warp drive, or just rudimentary FTL.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Agreed. The show was very "safe" in that it did not take very many risks. Okay, admittedly when it did (i.e. asshole Vulcans) there was a fan backlash. But the risks I am talking about are ones such as technological applications like the one we are talking about. Let us see a more diverse universe before the creation of the Federation, where technology is very haphazard.

In fact, I think one of the early themes of the show should have been Enterprise's mission to find new technologies to exploit. If the Vulcans aren't being forthcoming with things like the tractor beam, let's see Archer negotiating with the Andorians for the tech. Earth should be hungry to exploit things like this in an effort to bolster it's defenses against a hostile galaxy and to struggle for indepedence from the Vulcans.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Agreed, those ships looked damn cool.

EDIT: Ignore me, I seem to have missed a few posts.....
Last edited by Sionnach Glic on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I didn't mind the moody Vulcans so much. But, I think you're right that we should have seen more effort on Earth's behalf to expand. Earth and the RSE came into contact because of Earth's growth. It would have made sense to show that. Another thing that bugs me is where the hell were Earth's fleets? Akiraprise was the only ship we really got to see. Earth went toe-toe against the Romulans and fought it to a draw. A hundred years after that Humans were strong enough that they were an even match for the Klingon Empire. Humans were again strong enough that most of the races in the UFP at the time gave up the bulk of their own fleets in turn for Earth protecting them. Why the hell don't we see more ships from Earth? The Xindi showed what, no more then a dozen or two ships. When the Xindi weapon showed up at Earth, why wasn't the Defense fleet there to stop it? Where was Earth's defense fleet when the second weapon showed up?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I still go with the Minbari Sharlin.

I hated the Omega. But thats because i am an aesthetics man. the Omega was fugly!

not as bad as the Nova though. The Hyperion was okay.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

The best thing abaut B5was that at the end of the day you could say, yes that is how Earth we would do it. With the Ent it was just look we are starfleet we have changed our uniforms.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. I love to be able to look at a ship and think "that was definitely built by humans".
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll agree. I think all earth ships, even the Hyperion (which looked more advanced to me), looked like they should.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Agreed, the ships did very well to match the races they were attached to. Plus they had the greatest starfighter in the history of scifi, the Starfury!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I liked the Starfury, surprisingly considering its tech. But again, i prefer the Minbari Nial. or perhaps the Drazi fighter.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Starfury againe its Earth. Its what made Earth the superpower, none of league worlds could mach it.
Nial well its just the better looking. Its alien.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

mlsnoopy wrote:Starfury againe its Earth. Its what made Earth the superpower, none of league worlds could mach it.
HERE HERE! :drink:
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Deepcrush wrote:
mlsnoopy wrote:Starfury againe its Earth. Its what made Earth the superpower, none of league worlds could mach it.
HERE HERE! :drink:
KAR JE RES JE RES :)
Abraxas
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Abraxas »

Favorite ship?

What a tough question...

My favorites, in no particular order: G'Quan, White Star, Omega, Vorchan, Shadow Ship

Honorable mentions: Tinashi, all the First Ones' ships, Vorlon cruiser/fighter/destroyer, Primus, Hyperion, Drazi, Victory/Excalibur

Not worth consideration: Sharlin, Vree ships, Brakiri ship
"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave..."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Abraxas wrote:Favorite ship?

What a tough question...

My favorites, in no particular order: G'Quan, White Star, Omega, Vorchan, Shadow Ship

Honorable mentions: Tinashi, all the First Ones' ships, Vorlon cruiser/fighter/destroyer, Primus, Hyperion, Drazi, Victory/Excalibur

Not worth consideration: Sharlin, Vree ships, Brakiri ship
Why dont you like the Sharlin or the Vree saucers? admittedly the Brakiri isnt all that good, but the others were.