How will the United States fall?

In the real world
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:The least likely one is invasion. Our military is simply too large to be defeated by any one country.
Have you heard of a little nation called China? lol. Definitly would outnumber us there, although the US Military is one of the most technologically sophisticated in the world, and has ALOT of allies - The British (as far as I know are known for their proficency as snipers and special forces), half of Europe, and god knows how many others...althought thats just what came to mind, i could be wrong, don't flame me if i made a mistake ! :(
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

MetalHead wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:The least likely one is invasion. Our military is simply too large to be defeated by any one country.
Have you heard of a little nation called China? lol. Definitly would outnumber us there, although the US Military is one of the most technologically sophisticated in the world, and has ALOT of allies - The British (as far as I know are known for their proficency as snipers and special forces), half of Europe, and god knows how many others...althought thats just what came to mind, i could be wrong, don't flame me if i made a mistake ! :(
I got beat down for suggesting China could invade the US in the Castro topic, and now you think they could possibly win? Make up your minds!
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
I got beat down for suggesting China could invade the US in the Castro topic, and now you think they could possibly win? Make up your minds!
I didnt post in that topic... :(
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Good god, China invade the US? Absolutely laughable.

I seriously doubt that an all out effort by China would succeed in landing one single soldier on US soil.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

If they migrated to Mexico then walked across the boarder they could have several million people in California by night fall!
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:If they migrated to Mexico then walked across the boarder they could have several million people in California by night fall!
You don't think the Mexicans might object to China invading them? Even if they could get the troops there, there would be enough warning to assemble a defense.

There's the issue of moving that many troops without the US noticing, and they may have more people but we're better equipped. And if all else fails we nuke China. Strike the head and the body will fall. The main invasion force wouldn't last a week, any attack on china in response will finish the actual war in less then a year. And that's being generous.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

According to globalsecurity.org, China can only transport a Brigade's worth of troops with it's amphib capability. That's around 6000 troops, I trust everyone can see the problem with that.

In order to get enough troops on the ground to have an effect and come up through Mexico, they'd have to fly them in or use freighters. Not even the Mexican government would fail to notice that and report it to the US. And a million light infantry are going to get slaughtered.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Good god, China invade the US? Absolutely laughable.
QFT
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Have you heard of a little nation called China?
Oh gods, it's back!

Take a look at the 'Castro steps down' thread. About half way through, we show the problems with China invading the US.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Monroe wrote:If they migrated to Mexico then walked across the boarder they could have several million people in California by night fall!
You don't think the Mexicans might object to China invading them? Even if they could get the troops there, there would be enough warning to assemble a defense.
Twas a joke!

I think earlier I said a pretty good senerio in which the US could be invaded by China. The US would have to fall as an economic power first but it could happen in 50-100 years.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

First off, the US isn't going anywhere. Even if the Federal Gov falls apart, the states would just take over. Then maybe the county level. Or city and town level gov.

Second, I don't see a civil war coming either. The south doesn't care enough to try a second round and no one else who wants one even counts for more then sand.

The US only recently began to deal with outside nations. We were a closed off country for a long time. Should the economy fall to crap, we'll just go back to that way. For every person there is a job. They may not like it but there is a job.

As to this China vs. USA deal. Again, not going to happen. Our navy would just walk over theirs, they wouldn't even get close. The same is for us against their ground forces. We wouldn't do to well in fighting against an endless tide of troops. It would just turn into a bloody stalemate.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:First off, the US isn't going anywhere. Even if the Federal Gov falls apart, the states would just take over. Then maybe the county level. Or city and town level gov.
When the federal government falls doesn't that end a country as we know it?
Second, I don't see a civil war coming either. The south doesn't care enough to try a second round and no one else who wants one even counts for more then sand.
There have been attemts to start one, nothing really big yet, but it's just a matter of time. It'll happen in the next 50 years so, it'll be soon.
The US only recently began to deal with outside nations. We were a closed off country for a long time. Should the economy fall to crap, we'll just go back to that way. For every person there is a job. They may not like it but there is a job.
Not true. Most jobs are being moved to China now. If the nation started going backwards fast enough the nation would fall with the economy. There aren't enough jobs. And so many people are over-qualified for their jobs as it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

although the US Military is one of the most technologically sophisticated in the world, and has ALOT of allies
I think your seriously over estimating the number of allies you have. Maybe Britain if they arent to feed up with you by now. Possilbly Australia. Most of Europe might give token support but most likely would say they disprove of these actions and do nothing.

Canada would just cause they would have to to protect themselves.

But then you have all the people who would help China. Namely most of Asia and middle east. Maybe even Russia if they wont to play with the big boys again.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

kinda off topic but what's new... i was looking on globalsecurity.org, and the US spends $623 BILLION dollars per year on our military... the entire rest of the world combined only spends $500 billion on their respective militaries....

No wonder we rock so much :P

EDIT: oh, and apparently Singapore has 1 troop deployed in Thailand. Sounds like they're planning a takeover. :D
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

DarkOmen wrote:kinda off topic but what's new... i was looking on globalsecurity.org, and the US spends $623 BILLION dollars per year on our military... the entire rest of the world combined only spends $500 billion on their respective militaries....

No wonder we rock so much :P

EDIT: oh, and apparently Singapore has 1 troop deployed in Thailand. Sounds like they're planning a takeover. :D
I didn't realize we spent that much.