Find The Founders - Game Thread

Grundig
Commander
Commander

Re: Find The Founders - Game Thread

Post by Grundig »

If you go to sleep, the Founders win. The only way for the Covert Ops team to win is if they vote to kill both founders without sleeping.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

So, I guess our fate is sealed
we're gonna die. And that's it really.
So I'll be writing my will to be put into a transmission to SF, by the time they get it we will probably all be dead and forgotten
Unless someone really doesn't want to sleep
I mean besides stitch.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Thats uh..thats positive. But accurate I suppose. Do we have a record of our troubles so that whoever finds us knows what happened?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, we need to decide what we are going to do then. Because, we need to stop the founders. Maybe we should just set the auto destruct, and all go down together? Well, I'm not quite ready to do that yet. How sure are you about MM&I, Stitch?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Just as sure as I was about Teaos. As sure as I am of this ship being solid.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I have to ask what makes you so sure. Do you have some "inside" information? That the rest of us my not know about?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

As I said before, MM&I was so quick to let Teaos freeze. He was also on watch at the time of Reliant's death. And, just now, he preferred to sleep and die than stay awake. If he were not a Founder, he would have done what you did, which is change his mind about sleeping.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

{O.O.C In my defense, by the time I was back online to have the oppurtunity to change my vote, the decision was made).

So better we all die of exhaustion or go crazy and kill each other? {pauses, ponders} You know..that may be preferable. You want us to stay awake? Thats fine.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Changing your mind after I say it isn't very convincing.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hmm.....I see your point. As he was on guard duty when Reliant was killed, it would have been so easy for him to do it quietly. And Teaos, who VOLUNTEERED to step out of the airlock sure was quickly backed in his idea, by both MM&I AND Rochey. Things got quickly pushed before I could voice my opinion.

I'm sort of starting to agree with you Stitch
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Fair point. Whatever the other 4 decide, I'll abide by. It doesn't really matter to me, I just want to live. As do we all yes?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Well, we know that Nick won't vote to space him without conclusive evidence. Haven't seen Rochey. Depending on his vote may make up my mind about him.

Oh, also, early when we first found Grundig, MM&I was missing for a while. Rochey told us about the damaged sensors and then MM&I showed up.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know, I'm starting to think that the auto destruct system actually ISN'T such a ridiculous idea. As Starfleet officers, we have a certain duty. We have founders aboard. We are starting to all go a little nuts here. Maybe that is the best solution? If the founders kill us, they will have a Federation ship and can do ANYWHERE undetected. Is perhaps now the time to lay down our lives to stop the founders? After all, the deaths of one or two founders will hurt their great link ALOT more that the loss of a few starfleet officers will hurt the Federation.

What do you guys think? Auto-destruct to get them, since we can't be 100% sure?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm not so fond of dying at all. I am sure enough of MM&I. While I am not sure enough of either Rochey or Nick, I am not comfortable with the idea of being blown to pieces.

However, I am going to have a last meal, just in case the rest of you prefer death by explosion.

:: goes and replicates a pizza ::
If we do anything though, we need Rochey's vote.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Well then everyone loses!
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage