USS Daystrom Stats

Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Tsukiyumi wrote: First, you still don't seem to be able to qualify a statement. I.E. " I think Blackstar is a male." What, are you sitting outside hir house?
He has made it clear on numerous occasions he is a male.
"Inbetween" genders do exist, secondly; they're called hermaphrodites. They are quite real.
Bloody Chakats don't! He thinks he's a cat. He's actually said that he doesn't like humans and prefers being this cat thing.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:He has made it clear on numerous occasions he is a male...
And, I said, I've seen hir quantify hirself as female in real life.
Bloody Chakats don't! He thinks he's a cat. He's actually said that he doesn't like humans and prefers being this cat thing.
And you're offended because... you're human? I don't see why a little effort to play along and make someone feel more respected is such an effort. Especially when, as I said, there's no way to know for certain.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Duskofdead wrote: Even if you're right what's the point? If you ask me not to refer to you as the Brit it'd be rude of me to continue doing so.
Because consciously thinking about using varying pronouns when everyone is the same is harder than it may seem. Referring to me as 'The Brit' could be deemed offensive because of the context it is used in. Referring to me as you would with any other person, and holding it in no particular bad viewpoint (ie, I hold the word 'he' or 'male' in no bad viewpoint) wouldn't bother me. I am not writing 'he' to get on his backside, I am doing it out of habit. If he is genuinely a she (though he isn't), I will call him a her. I am not calling him a hir.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
And you're offended because... you're human? I don't see why a little effort to play along and make someone feel more respected is such an effort. Especially when, as I said, there's no way to know for certain.
That last part made me laugh, even though I know you weren't refering to us not knowing for certain whether he/she is a Chakat :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
That last part made me laugh, even though I know you weren't refering to us not knowing for certain whether he/she is a Chakat :lol:
I thought that might be interpreted in that way... :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I may be totally wrong, and absolutely no offense is intended, but Blackstar could be between sexes. Like I said we don't know blackstar's current status. Maybe blackstar was a he earlier in the year but is now legally a she. I hang out with theatre people I'm okay with that. But that would be the source of the confusion :P

A post saying what Blackstar is from Blackstar would help but because some people in the outside world would have trouble accepting that I can understand if blackstar wishes to not say if she went through a change one way or another but I think people on these boards would be more or less accepting of it if it were indeed true.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Bloody liar! I just slept with a Chakat last night!

Err....
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I've said. If he's a he I'll call him a he. If he's a she I'll call him a she. I'm not calling him a she if he's a he, I'm not calling her a him if she's a she, and I'm certainly not calling him/her a shi. :wink:
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

It's pretty amazing, it's like an entire day's worth of forum energy got sucked into an anomalous gravometric distortion that opened in the USS Daystrom section. The rest of the forum was almost dead by comparison.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:I've said. If he's a he I'll call him a he. If he's a she I'll call him a she. I'm not calling him a she if he's a he, I'm not calling her a him if she's a she, and I'm certainly not calling him/her a shi. :wink:
Not exactly the coconut palm of trees, are you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

That's because, Dusk (and i have to say your name otherwise two more posts will appear in the time I took to type this) this thread is moving so fast that it took me like 2 pages of new posts to read through the three pages that existed when I started :P Its just moving at crazy speeds!
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Say what?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:It's pretty amazing, it's like an entire day's worth of forum energy got sucked into an anomalous gravometric distortion that opened in the USS Daystrom section. The rest of the forum was almost dead by comparison.
Please put a notation in the log, please, Lt. Commander. Anomaly category: RPG argument. Subtype: Small-scale sub-space Ego eruption.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Thorin wrote:Say what?
I've calculated a tactical weak point in the Thorinic Cube, quick, target all of your American colloquialisms on the following coordinates.. :twisted:
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I've upped my post count by nearly a hundred and have gone up a rank... :lol: