Ship of the week: Nova

Voyager
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Jim wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Thorin wrote:And regarding the use of the word pussy - I made no personal comment based on prejudice or discriminative ideas I may or may not have. I may have offended a cat. I don't care. If I had however called them Kikes, I may have offended Jews. I would care. But I did not say that. I said something that wouldn't offend anyone - except maybe cats. It was a simple bit of friendly banter.
Like I said, I consider myself a Chakat and we are feline in nature.
Yep, still disturbing.
Well, let's look at my choices, human or Chakat. Humans are capable of commiting horrible crimes, and abandoning their families. Chakats rarely commit any crime much less the stuff humans do. And we never abandon each other. Not our friends and certainly not our family.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Mikey wrote:You're right - if you brought up boxing, I could bring up muay thai. I just find it interesting because in America - the home of American football (duh!) - a tremendous amount of respect is given to players of rugby and Aussie football. I really don't encounter the same superiority complex about football which you describe.
It's not just one thing, it's all manner of things. Just that the potrayal I, at least, get, is one of it being the toughest and hardest hitting. It just isn't - boxing, rugby, martial arts. In some places I've seen too it's claimed to require the highest fitness - which is utter rubish consideirng the game stops so often so they have a breather every few seconds.

Blackstar - you're still human. Whether or not you have certain beliefs doesn't take you out of your physical and mental form. Some humans are capable of great evil. Some humans are capable of great good. Seeing the worst in everyone is pretty pessimistic.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It is somewhat like rugby. But why do you have all these committee meetings? - Winston Churchill on American football. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's part of why I enjoyed the original UFC: no time limit on rounds. Hoyce Gracie fought a freaking thirty-minute round. Even five minutes in a real fight feels like an hour. Bruce Lee could've torn apart most if not any football player inside of a minute in a real fight.

Like I said, all sports focus more on certain attributes: no linebacker, or even most rugby players could beat a top-end sprinter in a foot race. And Bruce Lee might've stunk at football (though somehow I doubt it).
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Tsukiyumi wrote:That's part of why I enjoyed the original UFC: no time limit on rounds. Hoyce Gracie fought a freaking thirty-minute round. Even five minutes in a real fight feels like an hour. Bruce Lee could've torn apart most if not any football player inside of a minute in a real fight.

Like I said, all sports focus more on certain attributes: no linebacker, or even most rugby players could beat a top-end sprinter in a foot race. And Bruce Lee might've stunk at football (though somehow I doubt it).
What rocked about the first seven or so UFCs was that not only were there no time limits, but they were a tournament. So after you fought for 60 minutes in the first fight, you then had to fight two more times to win.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

This thread has died. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, not died. It just did a complete TR-116 and ended up as something completely different.
I'm still trying to remember how the hell this ended up as a sports debate....
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Let me restated then.

This thread is dead to me!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:This thread is dead to me!
What, are you writing it out of your will?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

No, but I won't share any of my milk & cookies with it anymore. :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I thought you said you were a hick! Don't you mean "venison and beer?"
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey, thats dinner and it was still only lunch time. Have you ever had butter milk? Its so good! With cookies to dip its even better!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh and to the beer, I went sober at the request (she broke my nose) of the woman.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Of course I've had buttermilk (much to the annoyance of my cardiologist.) My woman said something about breaking my nose if I didn't drink more...
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They must have been working together on that one! :shock:
Damn those women are sneaky! :lol: