New RP ideas

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: New RP ideas

Post by Reliant121 »

Thank god for not having the dice roll. I would probably have dipped out if it had been, I seriously hate dice rolled games.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

@ Sonic;

What precisely is your guy's role on the mission going to be? I was thinking of being a civy myself (given how I know precisely squat about the military). He seems from your description to be a Daniel-style jack-of-all-trades regarding ancient mythology and cultures, correct?

I might take on the role of the mission's lead medic and xenobiologist. It's comfortably close enough to my own field of knowledge, so I'd at least have a clue what I was talking about there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:@ Sonic;

What precisely is your guy's role on the mission going to be? I was thinking of being a civy myself (given how I know precisely squat about the military). He seems from your description to be a Daniel-style jack-of-all-trades regarding ancient mythology and cultures, correct?
That's about where I was going yes. The "Geek" as O'Neill would say. I haven't quite worked out if he has a specialty --- ie knows more about one mythology/religion/culture than others, but that may develop
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:What god should we use?

Something old feels right to me; maybe Sumerian or Babylonian, like Tiamat or Abzu. One that went into exile a long time ago (Goa'uld tech seems to make travel between galaxies a lengthy endeavor), and has maybe developed a different branch of technology (like the offshoot Asgard).

I was actually thinking Greek for some reason.

Moved to our own sub forum
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heh, if the System Lords start using Greek names then I can see a number of ships in Earth's fleet getting quickly renamed.

How about Phoenician?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Good point, but we DID see the greeks appear with Kronos. I had a thought. What if these baddies were the Titans? The ones cast from Olympus.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

There was a Goa'uld system lord called Athena.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mark wrote:Good point, but we DID see the greeks appear with Kronos. I had a thought. What if these baddies were the Titans? The ones cast from Olympus.
Kronos was a Titan, not an Olympian. If we were indeed to use the Titans as the villains of this RP then he'd fit in perfectly.

In mythology, the twelve Titans were the original rulers of the universe. They were later overthrown by the Olympians, who then took over.

Fitting this into the SG verse's mythology wouldn't be too hard. The Titans could be the original Goa'uld warlords, who divided our galaxy between them and ruled over it. Later the younger system-lords (Ra, Apophis, Anubis and co) who served as their lieutenants rose up and started a massive rebellion against them. The majority of the Titans (bar Kronos) fled the galaxy and struck out towards Andromeda, which they've been ruling ever since.

This could give us some interesting opertunities regarding how to progress. We could be facing the faction that created the technology that the Goa'uld we've seen on the show use. The Goa'uld were said to be rather shit when it came to innovation, but what if the Titans were perfectly capable of thinking up and applying new devices? Facing Goa'uld applying their tech in competant ways could be an interesting challenge.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I thought Kronos was the father of Zeus and the other gods.

But I'm liking this train of thought.....I'm thinking we're on to something.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I stand corrected. A list of the twelve titans.

Oceanus
Tethys
Hyperion
Theia,
Coeus
Phoebe
Cronus
Rhea
Mnemosyne
Themis
Crius
Iapetus
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

There are more than twelve titans. Prometheus was a Titan so we'd still have a naming change. Also ares was a dominant system lord in sg1 for a short time
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Actually, Prometheus was a Son of Iapetus
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

He's still a Titan
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True, Prometheus was a Titan. However, the Tau'ri ship Prometheus was destroyed.

Anyway, my vote is either with Rhea or Hyperion if we are going with individuals.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I say we leave it vauge. We know that the "titans" were driven out by the younger "gods". I would assume that some were killed in the process. These original badasses brought their Jaffa and human slaves with them of to the new galaxy, where they were left in unopposed supremicy. This will offset the HUGE advantage that both Asguard and Ancient tech that Earth has incorporated. Yes, the Dauntless could easily overwhelm a Gou'auld ship, but what about three? Or six? Or a dozen?

Especially if the surviving Titans are working together and plotting revenge upon their "children" in the Milky Way. They could be prepairing for a large scale invasion.