Ship of the week: Negh’Var

The Next Generation
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Absolutely - I was just pointing out that one instance, which as Granitehewer mentioned was incorrect on my part. :oops:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Yeah, I don't really know what to do with the D7 myself, its so ridiculous I considered not bringing it up, I certainly wasn't going to use the ENT appearance. Its unfortunate that we are left with this thing because they didn't have the time or money to design and build a new model. Whats really sad at this point is that I'm actually arguing against my favorite race and convincing myself that they couldn't do what some say they can.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I certainly wasn't going to use the ENT appearance.
You'll find a lot of people around here ignore ENT.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:Yeah, I don't really know what to do with the D7 myself, its so ridiculous I considered not bringing it up, I certainly wasn't going to use the ENT appearance. Its unfortunate that we are left with this thing because they didn't have the time or money to design and build a new model. Whats really sad at this point is that I'm actually arguing against my favorite race and convincing myself that they couldn't do what some say they can.
I'd ask why they even bothered to show a ship if they didn't have the right model but I'm sure we already know the answer.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

They already had a few new ENT-era CGI models for Klingon ships on Enterprise. I don't understand why they didn't use one of those (or two, if they wanted them to present a greater threat for dramatic effect), rather than using a ship that was clearly not from the right era. Not to mention all the species-of-the-week ships they designed new models for; they should've had little trouble making a new cruiser model. What a waste.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:They already had a few new ENT-era CGI models for Klingon ships on Enterprise. I don't understand why they didn't use one of those (or two, if they wanted them to present a greater threat for dramatic effect), rather than using a ship that was clearly not from the right era. Not to mention all the species-of-the-week ships they designed new models for; they should've had little trouble making a new cruiser model. What a waste.
The new models weren't ready so they threw in an old one rather than take a trick out of TOS and just not show it. By the time ENT rolled around B&B were just trying to squeeze as much money out of the franchise as they could, it was pretty clear that not alot of effort was put in in the first few seasons.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Which is sad, it shows how little respect they had for their fans. The final also showed how little they understood them to.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Which is sad, it shows how little respect they had for their fans. The final also showed how little they understood them to.
And there is ENT in a nutshell.

*EDIT* It's a shame, too, because I thought some of the Klingon CGI's from ENT were well thought and logical precursors.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think the most telling bit of evidence that they didn't know jack about what the fans wanted was the fact that they expected people to love the finale, because it was a "tribute to the eariler series". :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'd love to know what B&B thought when they planned ENT out.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:I'd love to know what B&B thought when they planned ENT out.
The problems with that comment are: no thought OR planning on the part of B&B were involved with ENT at all.
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, to have thought, one must have brain.
Sorry, opinion entrance.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

stitch626 wrote:Yeah, to have thought, one must have brain.
Sorry, opinion entrance.
Always welcome here. :)
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd love to know what B&B thought when they planned ENT out.
I think what they were trying to do was just cash in on the franchise as much as they could.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I think what they were trying to do was just cash in on the franchise as much as they could.
Which in reality is why most of the Movies were made. Cashing in isn't always horrible, doing it in a such a way that it throws every other episode/movie/book/article/etc in the trash is.

If it were done properly, as it was in S4 then it can still be a quality product worth watching but if they continue to slap everything in the face then it won't be.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus