Voyager
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

This is DITL NOTHING stays on topic.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

This is DITL NOTHING stays on topic.
Tell me about it...
Remind me what happened in the TR-116 thread again. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

We could create an off-topic topic and we'd still find some way to get off-topic.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No doubt we'd bring the subject on topic. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

I found something interesting while watching the episode 'Demon'. Now one of the points of discussion about Voyager's landing ability was how they got down from the ship. Rochey's argument suggested they got down from the ship using the transporter. However in Demon Voyager's transporters were knocked out. Then Voyager landed and Chakotay led an away team to search for Tom and Harry. Without transporters Chakotay, and the others would have to use an alternate route, like a ramp or a ladder.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Although common sense in ship design is patently NOT one of Starfleet's strong points, it would be pretty stupid indeed to not have such a backup exit mechanism in place on a ship capable of planetary landing. I would like to assume from that ep that such a mechanism was included, although with Starfleet's design history, it might be just as true to say that they had to launch a shuttle to get out!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They could have walked out the shuttle bay and shimmed down one of the legs or something like that.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Or they just have something like an elevator. A turbolift tube that goes to the ground.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

leave it to Starfleet to consider that to be an effective backup system!
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Or they just have something like an elevator. A turbolift tube that goes to the ground.
Considering that Voyager was low on power and took damage from the hard landing, and how dangerous the atmosphere was I doubt it was a some sort of extendable turboshaft. More likely a set of stairs in the legs. That way even if the ship is totally powerless you could still access it. Or maybe they parachuted down.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Don't they have back-up transporters in the cargo bay?
Maybe this is one of the rare times they remembered them... :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Since Starfleet designs tend to transfer so much damage to non-local and unaffiliated systems, we can probably assume that whatever disabled the main transporters disabled the cargo transporters too.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, a good point.
*curses stupid designs yet again*
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

And later they said told Chakotay that transporters were back on-line and that they could beam them back now. They wouldn't need to say that if they still had an auxiliary system on-line.