US schools using police to maintain order

In the real world
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: US schools using police to maintain order

Post by stitch626 »

What "company" has these lawyers? If you mean the district, that has nothing to do with representation of the teachers - administration is NEVER part of the union, as that would be contrary to the whole purpose of a union. I'd be interested to hear how the NEA allows a district to go on with a shop for some staff but not for teachers - can you direct me to a source for the niceties of that situation? And how can you say that non-standing subs have no union option if you've just said that NO teacher has a union option?
What the hell are you going on about?
I never said anywhere that there was no union for the teachers.

The company that has the lawyers is the same company that the district gets their security from. And I was slightly incorrect on the statement on security. It was outsourced. They (district) started hiring their own security employees sometime after 2005, and they (security) now are supported by a union.

Anyway, I concede the overall point, as the three cases I remembered were all private schools, and one wasn't directly related anyway.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Never heard of police at a school in my home city.

But it is my undertanding however that US teachers have some pretty bug rules holding them back from phyically touching students or offering emotional aid.

I remember teachers at my school on several occasion breaking up standard playground fights by walking into the middle of it grabbing both student by the necks and ripping them appart and dragging them to the staff room.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Used to be that way here, hell, there was a time you didn't even have to wait to get to the staff room before the beatings started. But the bulk of the US population has gone soft and is more concerned with being PC then being useful.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Used to be that way here, hell, there was a time you didn't even have to wait to get to the staff room before the beatings started. But the bulk of the US population has gone soft and is more concerned with being PC then being useful.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

stitch626 wrote:What the hell are you going on about?
*ahem* -
stitch626 wrote:Beacon City School District. Security is outsourced to some company, and they do not have a union
You had just written that Beacon City outsources security AND has no teachers' union.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Mikey wrote:
stitch626 wrote:What the hell are you going on about?
*ahem* -
stitch626 wrote:Beacon City School District. Security is outsourced to some company, and they do not have a union
You had just written that Beacon City outsources security AND has no teachers' union.
If you had read carefully, you would have noticed that the no union was in reference to the security.
If it wasn't obvious enough, then the fact that I mentioned other specific departments with either union or nonunion status should have been a clue.

The fact that I never mention teacher (other than subs) in the whole paragraph should have been a hint that I wasn't talking about teachers.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.