Happy 4 years DITL!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Happy 4 years DITL!

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Time to conquer the rest of the internet, then?
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Time to conquer the rest of the internet, then?
Hell no, have you seen some of the places on the internet? Not to mention the fact that there are still places on the internet with blackstar in.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Griffin wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Time to conquer the rest of the internet, then?
Hell no, have you seen some of the places on the internet? Not to mention the fact that there are still places on the internet with blackstar in.
No joke. That's like suggesting we invade Afghanistan, of all places...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Only reason to incade Afganistan is the heroin and the friendly fire.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:Only reason to incade Afganistan is the heroin and the friendly fire.
You don't need to invade Afghanistan for that last bit - just be a) within weapons range of a Yank and b) on their side.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hmmm. Do you mean Limeys getting blue-crossed by American fire? I guess you could call it friendly fire, but with comments like that don't bet on it being accidental. :P

Seriously, do you honestly believe that no Brit has ever been the cause of a blue-on-blue, in the history of ever? Obviously the rates are higher since you guys are so less willing to get your hands dirty, but come on.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Seriously, do you honestly believe that no Brit has ever been the cause of a blue-on-blue, in the history of ever?
We've had a few cases - two that spring to mind are the Falklands, where a Lynx was shot down because it was running without IFF (some genius had designed one that interfered with naval search radar) and in Iraq, when one CR2 destroyed another when it charged into a twelve-on-one firefight in a sandstorm.

We've never had a case of shooting up an allied armoured column due to a combination of gross stupidity (that big orange thing, that's exactly the same size shape, colour and placement as an allied aerial recognition panel, must be a rocket launcher) and gross insubordination (ground control: you do not have permission to engage, pilot: *fires anyway*).

I do, however, accept that my original statement was overly broad, and the first bit should be amended to "within weapons range of the US Air Force". My apologies to the non-fucking idiot branches of the US military.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To be fair, who in the world wouldn't be tempted to shoot up a British column...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:because it was running without IFF
Maybe the U.S. and the UK can jointly research a way to bump the oxygen mix in those rebreathers. Both our pilots seem to need a little extra.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Uhhh they breathe either 99% oxygen if they use OBOGS or 100% if they use LOX. OBOGS filters out nitrogen from the air taken from the engines and LOX is liquid oxygen.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Maybe the U.S. and the UK can jointly research a way to bump the oxygen mix in those rebreathers.
Blame the system that couldn't be used because it interfered with warships' radar fit - it was probably designed by the same idiot who designed the Patriot that mistook a Tornado for a Scud.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:Uhhh they breathe either 99% oxygen if they use OBOGS or 100% if they use LOX. OBOGS filters out nitrogen from the air taken from the engines and LOX is liquid oxygen.
Very good, Doctor Science. Correct on both counts. The only thing that you weren't able to figure out was that this:
Mikey wrote:Maybe the U.S. and the UK can jointly research a way to bump the oxygen mix in those rebreathers. Both our pilots seem to need a little extra.
was a sarcastic joke.
Captain Seafort wrote:Blame the system that couldn't be used because it interfered with warships' radar fit - it was probably designed by the same idiot who designed the Patriot that mistook a Tornado for a Scud.
Yes, well if it were typical military R&D SOP, they probably spent 3.5 times the budgeted research costs before they found out that it interfered with radar and had to press it into service no matter what by then.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Uhhh they breathe either 99% oxygen if they use OBOGS or 100% if they use LOX. OBOGS filters out nitrogen from the air taken from the engines and LOX is liquid oxygen.
Very good, Doctor Science. Correct on both counts. The only thing that you weren't able to figure out was that this:
Mikey wrote:Maybe the U.S. and the UK can jointly research a way to bump the oxygen mix in those rebreathers. Both our pilots seem to need a little extra.
was a sarcastic joke.
Captain Seafort wrote:Blame the system that couldn't be used because it interfered with warships' radar fit - it was probably designed by the same idiot who designed the Patriot that mistook a Tornado for a Scud.
Yes, well if it were typical military R&D SOP, they probably spent 3.5 times the budgeted research costs before they found out that it interfered with radar and had to press it into service no matter what by then.
Bah. Captain Science doesn't have the same ring as Captain Obvious.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's why I didn't say "Captain Science." :P
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain, Doctor whatever.