One more year...

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: One more year...

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Graham Norton.
:( Point conceded. Although in mitigation, you've got Sarah Palin. Bet you wish you'd let the Russians keep that bit, eh?
See above. We could have called it "screw the limeys" if we wanted.
Or "Rugby for wimps who can't cope with being tackled without wearing a ton of kevlar".
As to the first point, I have a serious question: a Scottish market and restaurant recently opened in the next town over. Now, I will not eat haggis - I don't much care for any mutton- or lamb-derived foods in any case, and the idea of an artificial sheep's stomach (as are commonly used in haggis nowadays) seems somehow less appealing than a natural one. Any other suggestions for what to try?
*shrugs* 'Fraid I can't help you on that. The Jocks make great booze, but I've never directly encountered their idea of food.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Bet you wish you'd let the Russians keep that bit, eh?
Wouldn't have helped. Though she definitely puts the folly in "Seward's Folly," she is a product of that type of uniquely American environment.
Captain Seafort wrote:Or "Rugby for wimps who can't cope with being tackled without wearing a ton of kevlar".
If you'd have won, you could have named it. No backsies.
Captain Seafort wrote:*shrugs* 'Fraid I can't help you on that. The Jocks make great booze, but I've never directly encountered their idea of food.
They sell more typical English food too, but I wanted to try something new. I've already sampled aplenty things like bangers and mash, Yorkshire pudding, 'shrooms on toast, etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:If you'd have won, you could have named it. No backsies.
If we'd have won we'd have made you buggers play proper rugby. Of course, what exactly constitutes proper rugby isn't exactly unanimous.
They sell more typical English food too, but I wanted to try something new. I've already sampled aplenty things like bangers and mash, Yorkshire pudding, 'shrooms on toast, etc.
Tried Toad in the Hole?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:If you'd have won, you could have named it. No backsies.
If we'd have won we'd have made you buggers play proper rugby. Of course, what exactly constitutes proper rugby isn't exactly unanimous.
Tried Toad in the Hole?
Happy Birthday! And I had a verrrryyyyy verrrrrryyyy bad thought with that one, granted it would make for one hell of a happy birthday.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Tried Toad in the Hole?
Once, but that was in college and I was really drunk...
Captain Seafort wrote:Of course, what exactly constitutes proper rugby isn't exactly unanimous.
Good thing you added this part. My next comment would have been, "Why don't you blokes agree on what rugby is first, then we can talk about it."
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Good thing you added this part. My next comment would have been, "Why don't you blokes agree on what rugby is first, then we can talk about it."
It's times like this that I wish Thorin was still around.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK, I'll bite: what, pray tell, is "Toad in the Hole?" I know you guys eat black pudding, so I'm hoping it doesn't really involve a toad...

And yes, Thorin did have some good rants about League vs. Union, though I'm damned if I could tell you the difference.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:OK, I'll bite: what, pray tell, is "Toad in the Hole?" I know you guys eat black pudding, so I'm hoping it doesn't really involve a toad...
Basically bangers and mash in a big Yorkshire pud.
And yes, Thorin did have some good rants about League vs. Union, though I'm damned if I could tell you the difference.
Union is 15-a-side, League is 13-a-side, Union is professional, League is amateur (in theory anyway - I'm not sure how much they stick to that rule these days). There are also some differences in the rules.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Happy Birthday Sonic :D
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Happy birthday, Sonic!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Happy Birthday Sonic!

One more year and you can stop looking forward to birthdays.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Basically bangers and mash in a big Yorkshire pud.
What sort of toads do you have over there that remind people of sausages?
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:What sort of toads do you have over there that remind people of sausages?
Trouser toads?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What's this crap about not drinking? Pretty sure we've been slamming mugs on 4th July tables since I was in the single digits... :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

In Ireland it's 18. If you're old enough to join the forces you're old enough to drink. The Irish Amry use the Styer
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!