Odd habits

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: Odd habits

Post by kostmayer »

I used to curse drivers (and still do :) ), no I curse people on pushbikes and pedestrians too.

So far today I've had :-

A kid with headphones on cross the road in front of me without looking to see if anything was coming. If I was driving at the speed some people do on that road he'd have been hit.
A guy on a pushbike with headphones cross infront of me to turn without indicating or looking to see if it was safe
An old guy pull over to the left as if he was stopping, only to immediately turn off to the right as I was about to overtake him.
2 people pull out infront of me on roundabouts, where they're supposed to give way to me.
3 people pull infront of me in order to lane jump thinking that turning the indicator on as they pull out makes it ok.
2 people walk out infront of me on the pedestrian crossing part of a Supermarket carpark - I always stop for people but they should really check.

Oh, and kids sitting in the middle of the road thinking I'll move over to the other side and drive round. I didn't. They moved.

But back to the original topic, I've started talking to myself which is fine except I use bad language sometimes.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

What is a pushbike? Is that a bicycle?

Kids sitting in the middle of the road?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Pushbike is a Bicycle yes.

And I live on a cul-de-sac, which is off a quiet road that leads straight onto a mainroad. Hence people just stand in the road like you would on a quiet street, yet cars pulling in off the main road drive round the corner at full speed.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Interesting term for bicycle. Never heard of it before.

Neighborhoods around me are like that. Posted speed limit is 25 MPH but there are people who are definitely doing 40 or higher. This is in a street that always has kids playing. Luckily, no one has gotten hit yet.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:That point is one of the main reasons I'm going toward chopper style bikes. Their sheer size means they might as well be a car, and I can't do the ducking and diving thing sport bikers do due to weight and size.

I talk to myself when I ride. Usually by grumbling about some moron around me. Or begging the lights not to change :lol:
Just remember a few things:
1) the more a bike is chopped, the harder is to steer.
2) the more a bike is chopped or raked, the more room you need to maneuver.
3) no matter how big a bike is, you can still lay it down and you can still be tossed from it upon any impact.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well 30 goes without saying. Anything without seatbelt where you are doing more than 5 MPH you will get thrown off or inside it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Mikey wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:That point is one of the main reasons I'm going toward chopper style bikes. Their sheer size means they might as well be a car, and I can't do the ducking and diving thing sport bikers do due to weight and size.

I talk to myself when I ride. Usually by grumbling about some moron around me. Or begging the lights not to change :lol:
Just remember a few things:
1) the more a bike is chopped, the harder is to steer.
2) the more a bike is chopped or raked, the more room you need to maneuver.
3) no matter how big a bike is, you can still lay it down and you can still be tossed from it upon any impact.
Having watched my Compulsary bike training instructor come off his to avoid a youth in a Fiat, I learnt that lesson. Having a huge Honda Pan European land on you must NOT be fun.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I talk to myself a lot. Also, I tend to keep the different food separate on my plate.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Food thing is fairly common. I personally don't care.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I have a couple odd habits. One is the talks to self while driving, I do that all the time, and I argue with myself all of the time. I also, whenever I enter a room look for the best way to stop an attacker if he enters the premises.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I have to have my car/house keys & wallet in the same place every night. In front of my PC. If they're not I go a little bit mental trying to find them in the morning. I've been told I'm quite funny trying to find em. Not to me. Stop moving my stuff around. I just left em there yesterday now quit messing with my stuff!!
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:...I also, whenever I enter a room look for the best way to stop an attacker if he enters the premises.
Always note the points of entry and egress in any room you enter, look for the best positions for defense, attack, etc.

Yeah, I've come to believe that just automatically comes with certain personalities and mindsets. It's smart in my opinion. Walmart is always a load of fun for me... :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I have a habit of producing a very slight limp on my left leg when I walk.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

I have the habit of eating my meals one item at a time, moving on to the next only after I've finished the 1st item completely. I take it a step further with sandwiches and pizza, and often eat those one ingredient at a time.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

colmquinn wrote:I have to have my car/house keys & wallet in the same place every night. In front of my PC. If they're not I go a little bit mental trying to find them in the morning. I've been told I'm quite funny trying to find em. Not to me. Stop moving my stuff around. I just left em there yesterday now quit messing with my stuff!!

I do the same exact thing. I put all my stuff that I need for the day in a baseball cap. Usually the cap is a NY Giants one so people know it's my stuff. I do this at work or at home.