Inferno's Light question

Deep Space Nine
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: Inferno's Light question

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Deepcrush wrote:The Klingons are at risk of conflict with the Romulans, in a border war with the UFP, in a rather open war with the Cardassians. Why would their ENTIRE FLEET be at DS9?
No, why would there be?

I said their entire war effort - the War they were fighting against Cardassian. Not their whole military. They had to pull all of these ships from Cardassian territory, and they made a stand on DS9.

That must amount to a LOT of ship, even after taking a battering from the Dominion.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I take it thinking doesn't take part in your thought process... yes that's a pun...

If you say 'entire war effort' then part of that ENTIRE line will include their entire fleet as the word entire means all, everything, fully disposed... etc etc...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:I take it thinking doesn't take part in your thought process... yes that's a pun...

If you say 'entire war effort' then part of that ENTIRE line will include their entire fleet as the word entire means all, everything, fully disposed... etc etc...
By jove! It took you a full page before you started throwing insults, you must be weakening!

All right, out you go. Start talking again when you get civilized.

So, people. DS9 is destroyed, so is Bajor. Do you think the Dominion would have risked going all-out immediately, or still have waited to make diplomatic inroads? On one hand, the totality of the Romulan and the Federation's fleet aren't mobilised yet. On the other hand, so isn't the Dominion, and there is nothing preventing them from sending more and more.

Hmmm.. maybe the Dominion would have taken possession of our end of the Worm Hole?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:By jove! It took you a full page before you started throwing insults, you must be weakening!

That was a pun, not an insult. Though the "get civilized" doesn't help you at all if you're trying to avoid getting slapped around. Though if you'd like I could start insulting you for every foul you make while you're here. I don't mind, really. :lol:
So, people. DS9 is destroyed, so is Bajor. Do you think the Dominion would have risked going all-out immediately, or still have waited to make diplomatic inroads? On one hand, the totality of the Romulan and the Federation's fleet aren't mobilised yet. On the other hand, so isn't the Dominion, and there is nothing preventing them from sending more and more.

Hmmm.. maybe the Dominion would have taken possession of our end of the Worm Hole?
The destruction of Bajor's sun would have most likely collapsed the entrance on the AQ side. The Dominion couldn't take possession of anything unless they committed to a 70 year trek in normal warp from the GQ.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:
SolkaTruesilver wrote:By jove! It took you a full page before you started throwing insults, you must be weakening!

That was a pun, not an insult. Though the "get civilized" doesn't help you at all if you're trying to avoid getting slapped around. Though if you'd like I could start insulting you for every foul you make while you're here. I don't mind, really. :lol:
I am not interested in discussing in your rationalisation for you verbally abusing members of this forum. I won't let you do it to me, so please don't bother answering to my posts if you can't keep your offensive tongue to yourself. Such posts are simply going to be ignored.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:I am not interested in discussing in your rationalisation for you verbally abusing members of this forum. I won't let you do it to me, so please don't bother answering to my posts if you can't keep your offensive tongue to yourself. Such posts are simply going to be ignored.
Whether or not someone's using the Queen's English or effing and blinding at you has no bearing whatsoever on the validity of their argument or opinion. This has been explained to you before by Sionnach. If you decide to ignore Deep's points because he's swearing at you, that's your prerogative, but Deep is well within his rights to consider such a refusal to continue the debate as you conceding said points.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey, if you can't handle being corrected you should just leave the forum. Otherwise be it me or someone else, you're going to get beat like a cheap hooker if you can't handle a little heat. You're on a forum, where people talk, thats just a part of it. If you're wrong about something or screw up in a post you should expect a little razz as its part of being here. Also, since you were pretty quick to throw out an insult of your own, minus your failing at grammar. Don't try to play the moral high ground.

:DITL:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

One point, Deep. They could not have their entire fleet be in the war zone, simply because some ships are in transit, while others are defending (it would be really bad to win the war, but lose your home). So a third could easily have been the entire war effort against the Cardies, cause they would have other concerns.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

stitch626 wrote:One point, Deep. They could not have their entire fleet be in the war zone, simply because some ships are in transit, while others are defending (it would be really bad to win the war, but lose your home). So a third could easily have been the entire war effort against the Cardies, cause they would have other concerns.
One third would be absurdly high, simply because one third is the number of ships usually available to be on station anywhere - the usual rule of thumb being 1/3 on station, 1/3 working up and 1/3 in refit.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
stitch626 wrote:One point, Deep. They could not have their entire fleet be in the war zone, simply because some ships are in transit, while others are defending (it would be really bad to win the war, but lose your home). So a third could easily have been the entire war effort against the Cardies, cause they would have other concerns.
One third would be absurdly high, simply because one third is the number of ships usually available to be on station anywhere - the usual rule of thumb being 1/3 on station, 1/3 working up and 1/3 in refit.
I was just picking a random number less than 1/2.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats what I was pointing out.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oh... never mind then. I failed at reading again. :oops:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats okay, I read your post twice trying to figure out if your were agreeing with me and saying so or agreeing with me by saying you weren't agreeing with on a topic we both agreed on.

...And now my head hurts.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Something that struck me as off about this episode. If the wormhole is in the Bajoran system, and the Bajoran system is wiped out by a supernova....wouldn't you say that a supernova is powerful enough to destroy the wormhole as well?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Would the wormhole even be damaged if it was closed? I can't remember how wormholes worked in DS9.