OVEG: The Episode About Sex with Harry Kim.

Voyager
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: OVEG: The Episode About Sex with Harry Kim.

Post by Tyyr »

In his defense, she did sort of come out of no where with it. If most of us were confronted in that situation we'd probably react the same way. That said, we'd probably follow it with a, "NO...wait... really?"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:...If most of us were confronted in that situation we'd probably react the same way...
Not a chance.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Bullshit.

A woman just out of the blue totally off guard asks you to copulate and you just say yes automatically?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If I'm single.

Besides, it's not like she was some complete stranger. And, he already had a crush on her.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

But he's caught totally off guard. I've had more than a few female friends I'd happily have slept with but an out of the blue "Let's fuck" would have taken a few seconds to process. Not saying that after you get over the shock it wouldn't be a resounding hell yeah, it's just that initial question will catch you.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've had two hot female friends say "Let's f*ck" on separate occasions. One of them said she "just wanted to see how I'd respond" after she stopped me from unbuckling my pants.

The other, it was: shirt off, boxers off, jump in the bed. Good times.

I'm not saying I'm normal ( :laughroll: ), but if Seven of Nine cornered me in an engineering space and said she wanted to copulate, my only comment would be " Here? Kinky."
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I'm not saying I'm normal ( :laughroll: ), but if Seven of Nine cornered me in an engineering space and said she wanted to copulate, my only comment would be " Here? Kinky."
I sadly haven't had a great deal of experience in this field, but I like to think (i.e. I'm desperate enough) that I would be in the hells yeah! camp.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tyyr wrote:But he's caught totally off guard. I've had more than a few female friends I'd happily have slept with but an out of the blue "Let's f**k" would have taken a few seconds to process. Not saying that after you get over the shock it wouldn't be a resounding hell yeah, it's just that initial question will catch you.
I'd imagine that would be most people's reaction. Harry's problem (Well, one of) is that he kept saying no after he'd had time to actually process the responce and that she was being serious...well, also he said "No!" in his moment of shock as opposed to something like "What?" or "Seriously?".
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Have to agree. If it's out of the blue and unexpected, I'd be inclined to think it was a joke and react accordingly.....but I'd sure look further into the situation though :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have to admit, in my younger days I'd probably have been caught off guard, too. Of course, I may differ from many people in that when I recovered my wits and she said, "I won't hurt you," I'd probably respond with, "Now, let's not be hasty..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Eh, I would have said no. And kept saying no. So I see nothing wrong with Harry's response.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:Eh, I would have said no. And kept saying no. So I see nothing wrong with Harry's response.
I'm shocked.

Deeply shocked.

:P
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Eh, I would have said no. And kept saying no. So I see nothing wrong with Harry's response.
I'm shocked.
shocked I say to find that gambling is going on here!
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I would've said no, too.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Heh.......I'd have likely said something like "Just us? Or should I get Ens. Wildman too?"
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.